Supervises a group of 6-10 direct reports to ensure all products are produced specific to the batch sheets and Mixing processes are being followed. This position manages performance of Mixers, leads daily Mixing duties and ensures all finished goods are produced as scheduled and meet customer expectations and ILLUME safety standards. The Mixing supervisor will achieve safe, quality and efficient results.
Duties and Responsibilities
24-hour ownership of Mixing area to support ILLUME business goals and initiatives
- Understand ILLUME’s company and manufacturing goals for safety, quality, service, and cost; Partner with Manufacturing Manager to develop aligned goals for Mixing
- Effectively communicate Company and Manufacturing information, as necessary.
- Facilitate daily direction setting and shift change meetings; identify issues and short term actions to deliver ongoing improvement
- Notify Manufacturing Manager and other business partners of issues related to safety, quality or productivity that impact schedule attainment or ILLUME customers.
- Hold all-staff meetings at least once per week to ensure proper communication reaches all Mixing staff.
Lead Mixing Team to deliver performance targets
- Motivate the team to achieve performance targets.
- Lead teams with authority and self-assurance, inspiring others to follow your example.
- Recognize achievements / accomplishments of the team.
- Create an environment of employee engagement and mutual respect.
- Build strong working relationships within and across departments.
- Set clear performance expectations with direct reports of accountability to process and results.
- Coach team members to model ILLUME’s core values.
- Document and facilitate annual performance reviews.
- Coordinate daily direction setting and short term action development.
- Participate in hiring process of hourly associates; coordinate training and validate qualification of new team members
- Conduct administrative tasks associated with hourly associates such as PTO coordination, daily time & attendance, and performance management.
Promote a culture of ‘safety first’
- Actively promote safety awareness and comply with OSHA standards; conduct periodic audits to proactively identify and address safety issues
- Encourage employee involvement to continuously improve safety processes and standards in the Mixing area; hold team members to ILLUME safety standards.
- Be engaged in changes to process or regulation to ensure they support a safe, healthy work environment.
- Lead and participate in safety incident investigations to understand root cause and develop corrective actions.
- Ensure work environment is clean and orderly; Participate in development and deployment of 5S principles.
Implement and improve standard processes in Mixing to consistently achieve product specifications and quality
- Ensure all team members are trained and qualified on ILLUME Standard Operating Procedures.
- Establish and maintain standard work processes to deliver batching requirements and cleaning priorities to support the daily schedule and achieve weekly schedule adherence.
- Partner with Production Line Teams to achieve proper line set-up for each production order; coach teams to deliver rapid changeover principles.
- Monitor in-process checks and equipment settings to confirm mixed products meet product and filling specifications per ILLUME quality standards.
- Collaborate with Mixing and Production teams to ensure consistent adherence to specifications / standards as well as drive process improvement.
- Coach team members to improve overall Mixing capability and effective troubleshooting skills.
Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities
- Communicate Manufacturing targets to Mixing team and develop plans to achieve stretch metrics. Lead investigations to determine root cause of missed targets.
- Incorporate Lean tools and principles into the Mixing area.
- Partner with Quality, Technical Lab, and other functional teams to properly problem solve and address issues with urgency.
- Actively engage team to identify solutions to eliminate process inefficiencies; Lead / coach development of action plans and delivery of actions per committed timelines.
Skills & Knowledge
- High school diploma/GED required.
- 4 year degree preferred but not required.
- 3+ years of supervisory leadership experience in a manufacturing environment required, with prior Mixing experience preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication abilities.
- Able to engage and motivate team members with positive work attitude
- Experience with performance management of team members.
- Familiar with operating under a metrics-driven lean manufacturing environment and key performance indicators.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk on the manufacturing floor for extended periods of time (up to 70% of the time).
- While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to hear and speak in an area with moderate noise generated by production equipment.
- As required to support the team, employee is intermittently required to lift up to 50 pounds, bend, stoop, reach, carry, push and/or walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, using a computer and hand-held monitor, and/or color vision for inspection and assembly.
- The employee must be able to work in a highly fragranced environment.
- This role operates in a manufacturing environment where the noise level is moderate to loud.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.