Position Title: Communications & Marketing Intern, Judson Memorial Baptist Church
Judson is a progressive American Baptist congregation located at 41st and Harriet Avenue in South Minneapolis. Judson’s focus is on promoting and practicing social justice as a fundamental element in our individual journeys as people of faith. We are a welcoming and affirming congregation; we are committed to racial justice and climate justice; our core values (we call it our DNA) are creative, inclusive, and relational; and we treasure the creative arts as a pathway to deepening faith. See more at our website: www.JudsonChurch.org.
Position Description: Intern will work collaboratively with a Judson group (3-4 church members) to develop a communication/marketing plan designed to promote the attributes and mission of Judson. We want to expand the reach of our ministry by examining and enhancing our communication practices through multiple communication channels. The team will ultimately prepare and deliver a report of our findings and recommendations to the Judson Council for their consideration and implementation.
Our ideal intern candidate will:
· participate creatively as a full team member (meeting attendance required);
· draw from and share her/his knowledge about applicable marketing/communications principles and practices;
· gather, analyze, and interpret relevant information (numerical and written);
· provide insights and observations for the final team report;
· be familiar with and appreciate the “journey of faith”.
Preferred qualifications: Our ideal intern candidate will:
· be a junior or senior in college;
· be working toward a degree in marketing, communications, or a related area of study;
· have strong verbal and written communication skills;
· be proficient in using social media as a communications channel;
· have experience working in a group.
This work will take place between November 2020 – February 2021. Approximately 6 hours per week (up to 100 hours) at $15/hr. The Judson team leader will supervise this position.
Deadline to apply: October 27, 2020. Submit cover letter, resume and 2 references via email to email@example.com .