Manage student’s’ IEP by collaborating and coordinating with IEP team members, administering evaluations, monitoring student progress to determine service effectiveness and working directly with students to support their IEP goals. Teach core academics to students in resource rooms that are not able to attend class in the general education setting.
- Communicate regularly with IEP team members including staff and families, through in person meetings, via email, and by telephone
- Schedule student focused meetings through management of an online calendar
- Track timelines for due process dates and organize due process paperwork
- Monitor due process documents for accuracy and compliance
- Collaborate with teachers, educational assistants, related service providers, and families
- Schedule, plan, and facilitate IEP team meetings and case conferences
- Provide direct instruction, incorporating goals and objectives in a special education setting
- Maintain accurate and complete lesson plans
- Organize and oversee data collection for academic and/or behavioral goals and objectives
- Write progress reports summarizing data collected each quarter
- Collaborate with educational assistants to implement student individual behavior plans
- Ensure that students’ accommodations and modifications are being implemented and academic service minutes are being served
- Attend special education and general education department meetings
- Determine present levels of performance and write standards based goals
- Work with a team on the continued implementation and development of programming for education of 7th-12th grade students
- Maintain positive, professional relationships and use appropriate verbal, nonverbal, and written communication with all individuals.
- Regular, prompt attendance
OTHER POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in staff development programs
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Act as a functional supervisor for educational assistants in the resource room, collaborate with Special Programs supervisor in completion of formal evaluations, and monitor and address all areas of performance.
- Ability to work well with families
- Awareness of autism and its manifestations, willingness to work with ASD students
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent work habits including attendance, punctuality, and dependability
- Promotes a positive school culture
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a team
- Possession of a valid Minnesota Teaching License in Special Education
- Ability to operate a computer and the software necessary to complete the required job tasks
- DCD or ASD Licensure or hold certificate with willingness to pursue licensure
- BCBA Licensure
- Experience, interest and/or expertise working with students on the autism spectrum, varied learning styles and levels of mastery
- Experience in differentiation, using creative teaching techniques from project–based to direct-instruction in developing personalized learning plans for each student
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to read, analyze and interpret human service periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, students, parents and the general public. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, mean, mode and median ability to draw and interpret bar graphs; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.