Living Well Disability Services –
Human Resources Assistant
Provide administrative and technical human resources assistance to the organization. Responsible for providing support and backup to the Payroll Manager for all payroll functions. Implement and maintain organization for human resource information including workers compensation, unemployment, employee benefits, and employee personnel files.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide support to the Human Resources department including managing the new hire process, maintaining personnel files and other employee records, assisting with workers’ compensation and leave of absence processes.
- Provide support and backup for payroll processing and administration.
- Assist with the administration of employee benefit programs, including processing enrollments and database changes..
- Provide consistent, timely, and effective verbal and written communication regarding human resources related matters to employees, supervisors, and third party administrators as applicable.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining employee records in accordance with company policy and government regulations– including (but not limited to) background check, drivers license verifications, CDS and e-mail account set up.
- Assist in maintenance of employee handbook and related company human resource policies.
- Serve as a resource to department managers for payroll and HR questions.
- Other miscellaneous related duties as assigned
- The candidate must have at minimum an Associates degree in Human Resources or related field, and at least 1 year relevant work experience.
- Payroll processing experience a plus, with experience with ADP payroll systems preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodations.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- privacy laws and regulations.
- payroll tracking, reconciliation and reporting.
- applicable computer systems and software programs.
- regulatory standards and policies and procedures of payroll