• Ability to set up CNC lathes and mills.
• Ability to set up Manual Lathes, Grinders and Mills for Manual Machining operations
• Ability to understand and interpret programs using Mastercam software.
• Assist with fabricating new components per Engineering drawings
• Ability to verify work using various measurement methods.
• Assist with modifying components per drawings or engineering’s instruction
• Work on jobs according to due date as provided using scheduling system
• Maintain shop cleanliness.
• Operate equipment in a safe manner
• Communicate with other shifts
• Work from verbal and or written instructions or sketches
• Report job progress using current scheduling system
• Ability to use a CAD system when needed to verify drawings.
• Mentoring of new Machinists
• Work over time as requested
• Work other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
· Strong math skills including trigonometry and geometry
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
· Working knowledge of GD&T
· Good interaction skills
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Basic computer skills
· Demonstrate good troubleshooting and problem solving techniques
· Basic understanding & knowledge of Machine Shop equipment, machining & measuring processes
· Two year Machine Tool diploma or degree or equivalent experience (preferred)
Experience with the following type of equipment would be a plus, but not a requirement of the position:
- Twin spindle twin turret, Y axis, live tooling, Fanuc control, Daewoo, TT1800 lathe
- Single spindle, Y axis, live tooling, Fanuc control, Daewoo, Puma 2000Y lathe
- Single spindle, Y axis, live tooling, Mazak Lathe
- Mazak Vertical Mill
- Mazak Horizontal Mill
- Haas Vertical Mill
- Bridgeport and Hardinge for Manual Machining operations
- Swiss Turning
- Cylindrical Grinding