CAPI USA (CAPI) has been working with immigrant, refugee and U.S. born communities in need since 1982 and serves over 6,000 participants annually across three core service areas including Basic Needs, Economic Empowerment and Civic Engagement. With a diverse staff of 30, who collectively speak 15 languages, a new headquarters in Brooklyn Center, MN. and a second multi-service community center in Minneapolis, CAPI is working hard to help close the equity gap as we celebrate the tremendous skills, strength and resiliency of those who walk through our doors. CAPI’s mission is to guide individuals in their journey toward self-determination. CAPI’s holistic programming seeks to enhance economic and social change opportunities that allow people of all ages and nationalities to lead successful lives.
This position is responsible for helping to educate and conduct outreach to Spanish-speaking community members in Brooklyn Center and North Minneapolis to increase understanding of and participation in COVID-19 testing, case interviews, and contact tracing. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude and a passion for working with immigrant, refugee, and low-income communities. This position will last for 6 months, Spanish bi-lingual language skills are required.
- Assist community members with pre-registering online for COVID-19 testing
- Work with CAPI’s Communications Manager, and the Minnesota Department of Health to launch a social media campaign to educate Spanish-speaking community members on COVID-19 case interviews and contact tracing.
- Provide phone-based education and outreach on COVID-19 testing to Spanish-speaking community members.
- Work with CAPI’s Food Shelf staff to conduct outreach to households on a weekly basis
- Actively participate in meetings with the Minnesota Department of Health and other service providers to share information on community needs
- Abide by privacy laws and understand the need to maintain client confidentiality
- Travel required to greater Minnesota twice monthly, as needed
HOURLY PAY: $24.00
Education and Experience:
- Two-year degree
- Experience in public health and working with diverse communities and low-income populations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fluency in Spanish language required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse and/or low-income populations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work both as a team member and independently with minimum supervision
- Effective time management, ability to prioritize work, and meet deadlines
- Excellent customer service, relationship and problem-solving skills
- Valid drivers’ license, access to reliable transportation, and the ability to meet agency’s driving record requirements
CAPI USA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. CAPI USA prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment on the basis of age, race/color, disability, marital status, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, genetic information or veteran’s status. AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M / F H DV.
Our organization has a partnership with Metropolitan Alliance of Connected Communities (MACC) to provide administrative services including management of the recruiting process. If you apply for this position, you may see references to MACC in some online materials. You may also be contacted by a MACC employee to conduct or schedule an interview.