CAPI USA (CAPI) has been working with immigrant, refugee and U.S. born communities in need since 1982 and serves over 6,000 participants annually across three core service areas including Basic Needs, Economic Empowerment and Civic Engagement. With a diverse staff of 30, who collectively speak 15 languages, a new headquarters in Brooklyn Center, MN, and a second multi-service community center in Minneapolis, CAPI is working hard to help close the equity gap as we celebrate the tremendous skills, strength and resiliency of those who walk through our doors. CAPI’s mission is to guide individuals in their journey toward self-determination. CAPI’s holistic programming seeks to enhance economic and social change opportunities that allow people of all ages and nationalities to lead successful lives.
This position provides direct financial services to program participants and coordinates agency partnerships that further enhance CAPI’s continuum of financial services. The Financial Coach reports to CAPI’s Financial Services Manager and works with all CAPI staff to promote engagement with the agency’s financial services. In fulfilling direct service and partnership coordination functions, this position participates in the ongoing development, implementation and evaluation of financial services programming as well as data tracking and reporting.
- Provides one-on-one financial/homeownership coaching services to participants that include; family budgeting and balance sheet development and tracking, credit and credit score building, and access assistance to other financial services and/or financial institutions
- Provides group financial education workshops and trainings (i.e., monthly training/workshops)
- Facilitate ongoing 8-hour Homestretch Homebuyer workshops on a regular basis
- Must obtain certification as a HUD-Certified Housing Counselor, Financial Capabilities and other topic areas
- Market financial services to CAPI participants and the communities targeted by the agency’s two multi-service centers
- Represents and promotes the agency’s mission and programs in a variety of public setting
Education and Experience:
- Two year degree plus 2 years of related experience or 4+ years of related experience may be considered
- Two years of related workforce development experience; preferably with immigrant and low-income populations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of various workforce development programs and local provider organizations
- Effective assessment and evaluation skills
- Bi-lingual preferred though not required
- Knowledge of the financial industry; institutions (banks/credit unions), mortgage products, credit building products
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with diverse immigrant populations, staff, and community partners
- Ability to work both as a team member and independently with minimum supervision
- Effective communication skills – both verbally and in writing
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Skilled in presenting/facilitating groups/trainings
- Culturally competent: ability to work effectively and respectfully
- Valid MN Drivers’ License, access to reliable transportation, and the ability to meet agency’s driving record requirements
CAPI USA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. CAPI USA prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment on the basis of age, race/color, disability, marital status, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, genetic information or veteran’s status. AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M / F H DV.
Our organization has a partnership with Metropolitan Alliance of Connected Communities (MACC) to provide administrative services including management of the recruiting process. If you apply for this position, you may see references to MACC in some online materials. You may also be contacted by a MACC employee to conduct or schedule an interview.
Organization’s Website: www.capiusa.org
Apply Online: CAPI Job Board