- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Start Date: January 11, 2021 – June 4, 2021
- Location: This position will be remote and can be located anywhere within the U.S.
- Compensation: $15.00/hour
Intern, On Demand – Marketplace:
Marketplace’s On Demand intern would work on Marketplace’s growing portfolio of on demand programming, focusing mainly on two of our podcasts: ‘The Uncertain Hour’ and ‘This Is Uncomfortable.’ Marketplace’s On Demand unit is a strategic growth area for the company. It is a primary way that we are increasing the size and diversity of our audience; reaching new audiences where they choose to listen; and a driver for revenue and relevance.
Key Learning Goals:
- Learn how podcast production and editing works
- Learn fundamentals of economic and business journalism
- Learn how podcasts are launched and about this growing industry
- Learn and perform a variety of production, research, administrative, and editorial tasks, including cutting tape, and writing digital copy.
- Contribute ideas for episodes, with a collaborative editorial team.
- Conduct pre-interviews for podcast guests
- Other duties as assigned.
- Eligible to accrue sick time off.
- Eligible for health insurance as required under the ACA.
- Participate in robust on-boarding experience.
- Professional development: on-the-job training, intercultural development assessment, formal performance review feedback sessions, etc.
- Participate in brown bag sessions to gain broader perspective of the organization.
- Enrolled Senior in an undergraduate or Master’s program OR have earned a degree within the last 18 months.
- Basic knowledge of audio editing.
- A demonstrated interest in journalism.
- A demonstrated interest in podcasts.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines and work independently.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
- Self-starter with an appetite for learning audio skills.
- Coursework or experience in journalism.
- Experience with audio editing.
Next Step in the Application:
In addition to your skills and knowledge, we want to get to know you in the application process. In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter (of no more than 1 page) with answers to the following:
- What professional skills would you like to add to your toolbox in the months and years to come to grow in your career field?
- Where do you see yourself professionally in five-years and how will this role help you achieve that goal?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.