- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Location: This position will be remote and can be located anywhere within the U.S.
- Start Date: January 11, 2021 – June 4, 2021
- Compensation: $15.00/hour
Intern, Social – Marketplace:
Our newsroom is seeking an individual who have an active interest in journalism and social marketing. We are seeking a creative and data driven intern to provide support to the social team. Are YOU that person? If so, you will have an opportunity to work alongside social producers with a focus on finding engaging ways to tell stories across platforms. You will learn how to strengthen skills in writing, content creation, analytics, video, design and marketing.
Key Learning Goals:
This would be a great role for someone interested in the intersection of editorial and social marketing.
- The culture and business of a nonprofit media organization.
- Insight into the journalism industry and Marketplace’s properties. The social team touches everything from On-Demand, Shows, Digital, Giving, Brand, etc.
- Develop campaigns and posts that drive connection to our brand and help further our mission to raise the economic intelligence of the country.
- How to look at data responsibly and draw actionable insights from them.
- Tangible experience in social marketing for a journalism organization.
- Help create engaging posts to grow Marketplace’s social footprint.
- Work with team members to bring strategies to life through clear, mobile-first and creative presentations.
- Monitor conversations across platforms.
- Assist in ideation, social content planning, scheduling.
- Help aggerate social data to gain insights into analytics that drive traffic and engagement.
- Conduct research on key industry trends and competitive insights.
- Source photo and video and music stock footage as it pertains to projects.
- Research story ideas; help storyboard ideas; contribute to scripts as needed.
- Partial subsidy for onsite parking or public transportation.
- Eligible to accrue sick time off.
- Eligible for health insurance as required under the ACA.
- Participate in robust on-boarding experience.
- Professional development: on-the-job training, intercultural development assessment, formal performance review feedback sessions, etc.
- Participate in brown bag sessions to gain broader perspective of the organization.
- Enrolled Senior in an undergraduate or Master’s program OR have earned a degree within the last 18 months.
- Strong working knowledge with social media platforms.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Photoshop is a must.
- Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Illustrator.
- Self-starter with an interest in journalism and how economic news intersects with people’s lives.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work both independently and collaboratively.
- A team player who is accountable, proactive, and solution-oriented.
- Coursework or experience in journalism.
Next Step in the Application:
In addition to your skills and knowledge, we want to get to know you in the application process. In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter (of no more than 1 page) with answers to the following:
- What professional skills would you like to add to your toolbox in the months and years to come to grow in your career field?
- Where do you see yourself professionally in five-years and how will this role help you achieve that goal?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.