We are in search of experienced and compassionate Caregivers who understands the importance of meeting the needs of clients while helping them maintain a high quality of life. We are looking for a committed individual who has impeccable communication skills and can problem solve on the spot.
· Interacting with patients in medical facilities, nursing homes, or in the patients’ homes and traveling between sites to give care to multiple patients if needed.
· Providing a warm and welcoming care environment.
· Listening to a patient’s needs, wants, and other suggestions about their care.
· Attending to patient’s hygienic needs such as bathing, dressing and undressing, cleaning teeth or dentures, and using the bathroom.
· Recording basic health information such as weight, food intake, and daily bowel movements/urination and reporting any unexpected or worrisome conditions in the patient: medical, psychological, emotional, or otherwise.
· Assisting patients with preparing meals, eating, and cleaning up after themselves.
· Performing household chores on behalf of the patient such as making the bed, tidying up the bedroom, doing laundry, dusting, sweeping, mopping, etc.
· Assisting with shopping, keeping a detailed financial record of all transactions.
· Accompanying patients on approved outings. Assisting patients with mobility needs (helping them get up, helping them get into a wheelchair or walker, pushing a wheelchair, etc.)
· Reminding patients to take medication according to their doctor’s prescription.
· Respecting the patients’ privacy and rules of confidentiality.
· Establishing a relationship with each patient and members of patients’ families.
· Answering the telephone and greeting guests on behalf of the patient.
· Responding to medical and other emergencies immediately.
· Assisting with errands. Be resourceful and flexible with scheduling.
Patience, Attentiveness, Concern, Empathy, Domestic Tasks, Medicine, Listening, Communication, Positive Attitude, Discretion, Punctuality, Friendliness, Writing, Reporting, Preparing Meals, Cleaning, Laundry, Traveling.
-Flexible availability and willing to commute.
-Valid Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance
-At least 2 years of Caregiving experience required
Excellent verbal and written communication