$1,000 Sign on Bonus paid out within a year of employment!
The Caregiver Med Passer, is responsible for providing the highest degree of quality care and services by administering medication and treatments in a safe organized manner. This includes administration of medications, documentation of medication administration and resident care while demonstrating New Perspective Senior Living’s Mission and Values in accordance with federal, state and local standards and regulations. This opportunity is a perfect fit for compassionate individuals looking to make a difference in the lives of others. We offer opportunities for training, advancement, education financial assistance, bonuses, and much more.
Within the first 30 days upon your hire date, you will be required to learn and properly perform the Caregiver responsibilities and successfully complete the Med Passer training requirements. Upon completion of these requirements, you will become our next qualified Med Passer on the team.
**REQUIRED: previous Med Passer experience to qualify for the 30-day Med Passer offer.
- Reads and documents in all communication logs and informs the nurse when needed
- Effectively completes incident reports per company policy
- Accurately dispenses, passes medications & documents in the MAR, absent of errors
- Accurately assists residents with self-administration of medications
- Accurately counts narcotics in accordance with company policy
- Honors personhood by reading and knowing the Residents’ Life Stories
- Actively involved in the life enrichment program
- Is compliant with company training requirements
- Demonstrates a high level of safety and privacy of resident information in all work practices
- Champions “follow-through” on all delegated tasks from the Director of Wellness
- Assists residents in accordance with their individual service (care) plans to include: personal care and activities of daily living (eating, drinking, walking, and transferring) and use of adaptive equipment (hearing aids, glasses, and dentures)
- Complies with company Mission, Values, and Principles of Service, policies and procedures, and applicable laws
- Communicates and interacts in a professional, respectful, and hospitable manner with residents, families, and team members
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Previous Med Passer experience required
- Ability to read, write, speak & understand the English language
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and act in the resident’s best interest
- Ability to react and remain calm in difficult situations
- Certified Nursing Assist (CNA)
- Previous experience working with seniors preferred and desire to serve and care for seniors
- Competent in organizational and time management skills
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Reimbursement Account/Health Savings Account
- Free Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Free Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Accident, Critical Illness Coverage
- PerkSpot Employee Discount Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
*Eligibility depends on full-time, part-time, or PRN status.
Team Member Perks
- Real-time access to earned wages
- Flexible scheduling
- Employee and resident referral bonuses
- Advancement opportunities
- Education assistance – eligible after 30 days of employment!
New Perspective Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.