A New Perspective Cook is a valuable part of the care team by executing recipes, preparing the kitchen, and creating delicious and dietary meals. We look for outgoing, caring, multi-taskers who are passionate about health, nutrition and food safety for seniors.
To learn more about the day of a New Perspective Cook, click here.
New Perspective Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Follow established corporate recipes or those identified by the Culinary Services Director
- Follow all ServSafe, governmental and corporate regulations for food safety and handling
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Adjusts food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns
- Acts as liaison to front-of-house employees to ensure proper food service temperature
- Assists other cooks during the food assembly process
- Ensure proper cleaning and sanitization of equipment and work areas
- Weigh, measure, mix and prep ingredients according to recipes.
- Steam, grill, boil, bake or fry ingredients.
- Check food and ingredients for freshness.
- Arrange and garnish dishes.
- Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
- Wow our residents and guests with amazing dishes.
- Provide resident feedback and make meal recommendations to Supervisor
- Promote teamwork, laughter, and happiness every day
- Part Time
- High School diploma / GED, or as required by state regulations.
- Cook: One (1) year cooking experience in a restaurant, health care or senior services setting.
- Chef: Two (2) years cooking experience in a restaurant, health care or senior services setting or completed culinary training/certification or vocational training/certification in commercial food preparation.
Team Member Perks:
- Flexible Schedule
- Real-time access to earned wages
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Education Tuition Assistance – eligible after 30 days of employment
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Resident Referral Bonus
- PerkSpot Employee Discount Program