Accounts Receivable Associate
North Country Business Products (NCBP) is the Midwest’s leader in the installation and servicing of Point of Sale (POS) computer based cash register systems for the grocery, convenience store, restaurant and hotel industries. We are always looking for top notch talent to join our team. If you want to excel in a high paced and challenging environment and contribute your administrative expertise– apply to become a NCBP Employee-Owner!
This position is responsible for all accounts receivable and collection functions including A/R reporting, balancing and submitting the daily bank deposit. Excellent communication skills are essential.
1. Accounts Receivable Collections
2. Customer Service
3. Accounts Receivable Reporting
4. Processing ACH Payments
· Post all customer checks, credit card and check by phone payments to proper accounts.
· Balance daily bank deposit and ensure bank deposit is submitted through the online banking application.
· Balance (with cash posting) Accounts Receivable transactions for previous day.
· Process credit cards and check by phone transactions.
· Process approved automatic payments on customer accounts (this includes documenting the payment plan, setting up auto withdrawals, confirming receipt of payments, posting to customer accounts and stopping withdrawals when customers have fulfilled their obligation).
· Professionally communicate with customers regarding their accounts and past due accounts; resolve issues and document (in detail) reasons for nonpayment as well as the steps that were involved in resolving delinquent accounts. Ensure follow-up with all parties involved – sales, service, customers and management.
· Research customer information relating to past due accounts (disputed invoices, duplicate payments, credits, basic customer information and contract information in addition to prior case filings for bankruptcy).
· Review pending service and new orders prior to acceptance/release (account balances, average days to pay, collections notes, current activity, current terms, etc.).
· Document all contact information pertaining to collection and customer service calls to include all collection efforts both proactive and reactive.
· Send out credit applications for any new account that is set up and then follow up for trade references before granting customer credit terms.
· Process necessary reports on a daily, monthly and quarterly basis.
· Provide backup to coworkers as assigned by Manager.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Two year accounting degree strongly preferred.
· Six months prior Accounts Receivable experience strongly preferred.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office software specifically Excel and Word.
· 10-key proficiency required.
· Excellent communication, customer service and time management skills required.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Volunteering Time Off
· Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Plan
· Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
· 401(k) with match
· Life Insurance
· Computer Purchase Program
· And more!
What Core Values are Needed?
In addition to the position qualifications, our Core Values are a must have in order to be successful in our company culture. At North Country Business Products:
· We are Customer Focused
· We are Associate Focused
· We have an Ownership Mentality
· We Take Initiative
· We Embrace Change
We take our Core Values at NCBP very seriously and hire, fire, promote and recognize based on them.
Check us out at www.ncbpinc.com
NCBP is 100% Employee Owned.
To apply click the apply button above
NCBP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any applicant or associate because of age, sex, gender, marital status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, race, color, religion, national origin, disability or any other protected characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.