1. Time Commitment
Minimum 4 months commitment required; 20 hours per week (with some weekday Monday thorugh Friday 8am-4pm availability to consult with supervisor). Potential to continue for a year.
2. Job summary:
The primary objective of this unpaid internship is to gain experience working with our Database Manager and our Apricot system (a cloud based database). The intern will run weekly and monthly reports, prepare data, analyze data, receive requests from staff to create forms and reports, add/remove users, and update user guides. The intern will be working in Excel as well.
3. Desired qualifications:
· Currently pursuing or graduate with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems or management information systems or related field.
· Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Word
· Experience and proficiency in Excel Spreadsheets, including some basic formulas.
· Understanding of a relational database.
· Understanding of Cloud databases.
· Understanding of Microsoft Teams video conferencing.
· Strong attention to detail and interest in project management.
· Must have positive and friendly attitude.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Detail oriented, accurate and able to work independently with minimal direction.
· Good problem solving skills.
4. Job Responsibilities – Support Database Manager in:
· Preparing and analyzing data
· Running reports
· Providing excellent customer service to staff
· Attend and contribute to staff/team meetings and appropriate work groups.
5. Benefits for Intern
· Hands on training on a cloud database
· Excel knowledge will include advanced formulas
· Experience with data extraction, cleansing and validation
· Interaction with many department managers at NorthPoint to learn about the variety of programs and services
To apply for this opportunity or others, contact Sally Newbury, Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or 612-767-0324.