Looking for a rewarding new career addressing one of the nation’s biggest problems? Northstar Behavioral Health is now looking to expand their Fergus Falls location!
The Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor will:
- Conduct intake sessions, individual and group therapy, case management and crisis intervention;
- Develop comprehensive treatment plans that meet the individual needs of the client;
- Documentation and record keeping in compliance with company policies and procedures and standards established by governing entities;
- Responsible oversight of caseload regarding continuity of service, appropriate use of referrals, maintenance of authorization, collaboration with others on client’s behalf, and other clinically and ethically significant practices;
- Participation in weekly staffing meetings and supervision meetings;
- Collaboration with other staff members to ensure clients are getting the most out of their recovery and are living and learning in a safe and respectful environment; and
- Exhibit knowledge of core competencies in relation to working with chemical use disorders through continuing education and implementing skills into all aspects of treatment.
- Have a passion for helping those in need and working with people in a fast paced setting;
- Previous experience working in human services and/or healthcare environment;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Punctual in reporting for work and shift change reports; and
- Are reliable, organized, professional and highly dependable – can be counted on to work independently, with little direction.
- Willing to travelling to our sites located in St. Paul, Oakdale, and Wyoming, MN on occasion.
- Bachelor’s degree – licensed by the State of Minnesota as a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor;
- 1 year or more providing chemical dependency counseling (supervised internship applies)
- Ability to pass a background check;
- Minimum of 2 years free from substance abuse;
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record; and
- Physical ability to perform duties as required by the position.