Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI) www.osii.com is a fast-paced, growing, high technology company, headquartered in Medina, Minnesota. As a world leader in the Operations Technology (OT) field, OSI develops and supplies state-of-the-art energy management, optimization and control software solutions to energy utility companies worldwide.
In this position you will create compelling applications that enable our customers to view, control and analyze their electrical infrastructure. All of this is done using the latest technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative environment at our forward-looking company. Specific on-the-job training will be provided. In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop rich client applications that allow our customers to visualize the power grid. These solutions leverage advanced tools like OpenGL and webGL to enable powerful 3D visualizations.
- Develop web applications enabling our customers to analyze outages, predict future conditions, and monitor complex systems. These applications leverage frameworks like Angular to power responsive web applications.
- Develop mobile applications for field crews and executives to monitor KPIs and respond to business demands.
- Develop ‘Big Data’ applications leveraging databases like Cassandra and mongoDB to drive business intelligence in the control center.
- Develop applications to predict load or renewable generation using the latest in machine learning.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
- C development skills plus experience in one or more of the following: C#, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- Networking knowledge and protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, XMPP, HTTP, MSRP, XCAP, SOAP, REST, DNP, etc.).
- Familiar with platform independent tools and libraries.
- Rich Client
- Experience developing rich client applications with C# and .NET.
- Web Client
- Experience with front end frameworks including AngularJS and Angular.
- Experience developing RESTful web services in Java.
- Mobile Client
- Experience developing native Android applications in Java.
- Experience developing native iOS applications in Swift.
OSI offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, profit sharing and a generous amount of paid time off and paid holidays.
Additional perks include casual dress code, flexible work hours, free beverages, employee events, onsite fitness center, exciting travel opportunities, employee referral bonus programs, and monthly birthday and anniversary celebrations. Check out our Life at OSI Facebook page to see more.
As an employee of OSI you will have access to cutting edge technologies in a fun, professional, positive and dynamic work environment. We have excellent opportunities for growth and development. To apply, please visit https://osii.workable.com/jobs/620333
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Discover your future. Discover OSI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixCrpoUL5ck