OSI (Open Systems International, Inc.) www.osii.com is a fast-paced, dynamic software company that is paving the way in high-performance automation and business solutions for utility industries worldwide. Solutions include Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, Network Management Systems (NMS), Energy Management Systems (EMS), Distribution Management Systems (DMS) and Generation Management Systems (GMS); as well as individual software/hardware products and Smart Grid Solutions for utility operations. Our solutions help empower our customers to meet their operational challenges day in and day out with unsurpassed reliability. OSI is headquartered in Medina, Minnesota, USA.
In this position you will be responsible for developing embedded applications for OSI proprietary real-time communications and security products. Specific, on-the-job training will be provided. As an Embedded Systems Software Engineer you will have the following responsibilities:
- Analyze requirements and develop functional and detailed designs for the software development of new applications and new features to existing applications.
- Create test plans and procedures and perform testing for product releases.
- Provide applications programming support for other departments.
- Develop product documentation for software applications including User’s Guides, Design Descriptions, Configuration Guides and Test Procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
- C development skills.
- Experience with the following:
- Developing protocols and device drivers for TCP/IP, UDP, RS-232/485, SPI, I2C and other communications protocols.
- Application development for embedded products including user interface.
- Developing software for early hardware prototypes.
- Creating and executing unit and integration tests.
- Debugging software and hardware/software integration issues.
- Master’s degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience with Linux, RTOS and embedded Oses.
OSI offers a comprehensive benefit package to our full-time regular employees. Benefits include health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, profit sharing and a generous amount of paid time off and paid holidays.
Additional perks include flexible work hours, employee events, fitness discounts, casual dress code, exciting travel opportunities, employee referral bonus programs, and more. Check out our Life at OSI Facebook page to see more.
As an employee of OSI you will have access to cutting edge technologies in a fun, professional, positive and dynamic work environment. We have excellent opportunities for growth and development. To apply, please visit https://osii.workable.com/j/9FF6E17B18
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Discover your future. Discover OSI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixCrpoUL5ck