Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI) www.osii.com is a fast-paced, growing, high technology company, headquartered in Medina, Minnesota. As a world leader in the Operations Technology (OT) field, OSI develops and supplies state-of-the-art energy management, optimization and control software solutions to energy utility companies worldwide.
In this position you will design, develop and improve technical documentation for OSI products and technologies. Specific, on-the-job training will be provided. In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
· Write, edit, format, and continually improve reference manuals, user guides, online wiki content, and related technical materials, documentation and publications using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
· Prepare release notes and training documentation.
· Organize and manage the development and maintenance of complex technical software documentation.
· Apply design and style guides to existing documentation to ensure consistent look and feel across documentation library.
· Manage project needs in terms of custom product and technical documentation.
· Participate in release planning including writing, editing, publication and distribution of hardcopy and softcopy documentation and other media.
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in technical communication / writing, engineering, computer science or related technical field.
· 1-2 years of experience developing software or technical documentation for technical users.
· 1-2 years of experience in editing copy for clarity and impact.
· Demonstrated ability to translate complex product information into concise, easy-to-follow use instructions.
· Ability to manage large, complex documentation projects.
· Ability to use and understand technology and IT / Software applications.
· Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
· Experience with Microsoft Office.
· Instructional design experience.
· HTML and web publishing experience.
OSI offers a comprehensive benefit package to our full-time regular employees. Benefits include health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, profit sharing and a generous amount of paid time off and paid holidays.
Additional perks include flexible work hours, employee events, fitness discounts, casual dress code, exciting travel opportunities, employee referral bonus programs, and more. Check out our Life at OSI Facebook page to see more.
As an employee of OSI you will have access to cutting edge technologies in a fun, professional, positive and dynamic work environment. We have excellent opportunities for growth and development. To apply please visit https://apply.workable.com/osii/j/453D541D27/
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Discover your future. Discover OSI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixCrpoUL5ck