Do you have a real passion for more personalized service and helping others learn and grow? Are you interested in providing an inspirational experience? Do you love diversity in work? Are you looking for a role where you are not Monday thru Friday and not at your computer all day? Do you love creativity? Do you have an owner’s mindset? Do you have an interest in building upon the uniqueness of your community and local economy?
Pacifier is an upscale chain of baby boutiques and an e-commerce operation based in the Twin Cities focused on meeting the needs of parents, kids, and gift givers of all kinds. The Store Manager is critical to providing our customers the highest levels of welcoming customer service, presenting a curated experience, and increasing the expertise at stores through hiring, inspiring, coaching, and empowering their team.
At Pacifier we believe in our leaders having rich experiences that afford the build of skills for your career given integrated corporate and retail responsibilities, and knowledge-build in retail fundamentals such as: sales and gross margin trends, inventory management, labor optimization, customer satisfaction, pricing and promotions strategies, and finance.
You develop the team’s talents, thrive in change, think big, and strive toward career advancement opportunities given performance. You’re knowledgeable about the industry and keep up to date about competitors and trends, and own the store’s overall growth, its efficiency and effectiveness.
As a part of our collaborative team, this leader will partner to foster the team’s growth and build upon our passion and pride for creating an exceptional customer experience and high performing environment. By developing strong relationships across teams and with customers, you create an environment that enhances loyalty for Pacifier’s brand and solutions to customer needs.
You are incredibly curious and accountable, have an owner’s mindset, and are an accelerator to the growth and leadership direction of the business.
Provide best-in-class customer service
- Provide differentiated and direct customer service
- Lead by example mentoring team in providing high-quality customer interactions
- Recognize and properly resolve all performance and customer issues
- Leverage customer insights and feedback to drive the business
- Proactively learn and champion deep and broad product knowledge
- Handle cash register operations, report and handle all required transactions, gift wrap, etc.
Create and optimize localized assortment
- Tailor assortment based on deep understanding of the customer
- Identify and vet potential new products/vendors with merchandising
- Collaborate with merchandising to ensure efficient re-ordering of localized assortment and buying category
Present strong visual merchandising that tells a story
- Collaborate with Creative Director to ensure the execution and standards of the visual merchandising vision
- Present unique and frequently changing visual merchandise displays that encourage upsell
- Maintain a neat and shoppable store experience
Develop local marketing initiatives, events and programs
- Share and aid the development of local marketing partnerships
- Plan and execute in-store and out-of-store community events to drive awareness
- Develop strategy and execute local content/social media plan
Recruit, hire and engage a best-in-class team
- Build a high energy culture of fun and engagement focused on service and results
- Recruit and hire to ensure store has appropriate staffing levels to support business
- Schedule staffing according to anticipated volume, budgets and store needs
- Always demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance
- Set, plan and deliver on total store quarterly business priorities
Continually build expertise across team
- Invest in areas of opportunities for deeper expertise for self and team development
- Drive training and coaching across existing and new products/categories
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated 3+ years of leadership/management experience in a retail environment
- You’ll need to be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs
- Experience managing a team of hourly team members
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Interested in applying new tools to business processes and improving where necessary
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong problem solving, decision making, financial analysis, and computer skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to adapt to change
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely
- Frequently lift or move merchandise up to 40 pounds