Patterson Companies is looking for an Accounting Intern to support the Companion Animal vendor reimbursement accounting and control processes. The role has recurring monthly duties related to vendor reporting, communication, and accounting and is a great entry to understanding Companion Animal’s vendors, products and an SAP environment. The ideal candidate will have a basic excel background, solid communication skills and an interest in accounting and finance.
- Generate monthly reporting of reimbursements earned on vendor promotions.
- Communicate with vendors on current and past due reimbursements.
- Track and apply vendor payments against promotional receivables.
- Records all related journal entries in SAP.
- Prepare account reconciliations and SOX controls as assigned.
- Data gathering, analysis and report development using SAP.
- Documentation of all reporting processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Junior or senior student pursuing four-year degree in Accounting or Finance
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Interest in learning SAP – no previous SAP experience required
- Interest in business process and experience in financial reporting and analysis
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge with the rest of the team
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Adapts to changing priorities and manages deadlines
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.