Purpose: To develop contributions and volunteer support from the communities served by PeaceMaker Minnesota.
· Develop and carry out a marketing / fundraising plan to raise contributions for a project of a PeaceMaker Minnesota school, group of schools or permanent fund.
· Identify prospective donors and advocates
· Prepare informational material to gain their interest and support
· Identify and recruit advocates who can help your requests or make requests of their own
· Make telephone calls to qualify potential donors and to solicit their support
· Prepare and send emails and letters to potential donors and advocates asking for their support.
· Meet with individuals or groups such as Lions and Rotary Clubs to solicit their support when safe to do so.
· If a part of your development plan, organize a fundraising event.
Timeline, Hours, Pay
The internship can begin at any time. A minimum commitment of 120 total hours, 8 – 12 hours a week, is required. No compensation provided except for mileage reimbursement to and from meetings.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational skills and demonstrated attention to detail
· Ability to meet at the PeaceMaker Minnesota office once or twice every two weeks, sometime between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
· A desire to develop networking, sales, fundraising, marketing or community building skills.
· Training is available. No fundraising experience required.
Learn and develop fundraising skills that are important for working at any nonprofit and transferable to many for-profit companies. By your work and what you achieve you will demonstrate:
· Research skills in identifying individuals, organizations and companies interested in a cause
· Initiative to reach out to and to engage others.
· Persuasive writing and verbal communication skills
Develop your professional network, increasing your number of LinkedIn connections.
Make a difference in what schools do to reduce bullying and to teach youth healthy relational skills. You will help determine the resources available for school violence prevention efforts.
Apply in Handshake. Please submit a Resume and Cover Letter.