The Staff Accountant works as a member of the organization’s grants team to administer $40 million annually in local, state, and Federal grants. The position supports the organization’s mission by linking core business functions to the organization’s grant-funded projects.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for post-award grant administration and related project accounting. This position provides internal support and accounting functions to project managers for the organization’s government grants and cooperative agreements.
To be determined
• Track progress toward financial and performance goals. Analyze, interpret, and disseminate data to evaluate progress.
• Review, approve, and allocate expenditures to grant agreements and associated projects. Provide internal reports and guidance to project staff and management.
• Work closely with project staff and funding partners to prepare periodic reports.
• Reconcile project financial data to the organization’s accounting systems.
• Assist others in the Grants and Accounting Departments with special projects, annual audit, and other duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Familiarity with GAAP, financial operations, grant statutes and terminology
• Prioritize work to meet established deadlines
• Establish and maintain working relationships with staff and grant partners
• Attention to detail, organized, adaptable, teachable
Training and Experience Guideline:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred. Experience in project, grant accounting, or government accounting preferred.
Salary: $45,000 – $50,000 per year depending on experience + Benefits
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Please combine your cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position, along with your resume, and 3 references into a single Word or PDF file before uploading on the Recruitment website. To apply, visit our website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
Organizational Profile: Pheasants Forever is the nation’s leading upland wildlife habitat conservation organization. The organization impacts more than 1.5 million acres of habitat annually.
Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.