Looking to pursue a career working on marketing and management of iconic cereal brands? Do you want to gain hands-on experience in a growing, mission-driven, consumer-centric organization? Post Consumer Brands is looking for a Brand Marketing Associate Intern for a 12-week summer 2021 immersive and transformative internship experience. Post Consumer Brands is unique as our core values and mission is at the forefront of our efforts. Consider joining our team to launch the success story of your career journey.
In order to fully realize the value of diversity of talent, experience, strengths, and backgrounds each of us brings to Post Consumer Brands, we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on these behaviors:
• Be open to new ideas
• Listen attentively as a partner
• Model collaboration
• Be accountable
• Respect all viewpoints
Job Title: Brand Marketing Intern
Location: Lakeville, MN
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES / DUTIES:
The Brand Management Associate Intern may assist in a number of project and/or operations support roles in the Brand Management department. Assignments may include work such as:
• Weave together all components of the “4 P’s” (product, price, place, and promotion) to deliver a compelling consumer and retailer need
• Analyze and report in-market performance across multiple businesses using Nielsen, IRI and other data as needed to better understand consumer behavior to ultimately influence business decisions (forecasting, consumer spend, strategy/plan shifts, etc)
• Identifying Key Issues and Opportunities for the Brand and contribute to annual planning process
• Present findings and plan recommendations to Marketing Leadership Team, including the Chief Marketing Officer
Specific project and operational roles will be identified 30-60 days prior to the start of the internship, based on business need and intern interests.
• Candidates must be pursuing a four-year undergraduate or graduate degree or at an institution with an accredited program in Marketing or Management
• Proven leadership, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams (R&D, Marketing Communications, Insights, and Sales)
• Strong communication and analytical skills
• The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes initiative to identify areas of opportunity and take action
• A high level of competence in computer applications and the ability to use technology as a decision-support tool
• Ability to identify and evaluate tactical methods to achieve objectives, identify deviations from the plan, and facilitate resolution
• Ability to handle confidential information and use discretion within and outside of the organization
• Previous internship or work experience (strongly preferred)
• Interest in the consumer packaged goods / manufacturing industry with the desire to start a career with Post Consumer Brands after graduation (strongly preferred)
Additional Program Information & Perks
• Offering competitive compensation
• Access to a dynamic internship event program including development, networking, & social activities
• Eligible for subsidized housing & relocation stipend
• Cereal galore – enjoy a variety of cereal and oatmeal options in our break room, for free. Free milk, coffee, and conversation included as well. We promise you won’t be disappointed.
Interested to apply?
Visit www.jobs.postconsumerbrands.com to apply online and follow us on social media to keep to date on the great things happening every day at Post Consumer Brands.
Learn more about Post Consumer Brands
Post Consumer Brands is a business unit of Post Holdings Inc., formed from the combination of Post Foods and MOM Brands in May 2015. Headquartered in Lakeville, Minn., Post Consumer Brands today is the third-largest cereal company in the United States, with a broad portfolio of products spanning all segments of the category — from iconic household name brands and value ready-to-eat cereals to natural/organic and hot cereal varieties. As a company committed to high standards of quality and to our values, we are driven by one idea: To make better happen every day. For more information about our brands, visit www.postconsumerbrands.com.
Post Holdings and Post Consumer Brands provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.