Looking to pursue a career in Business Reporting & Analytics? Do you want to gain hands-on experience in a growing, mission-driven, consumer-centric organization? Post Consumer Brands is looking for a Business Reporting & Analytics Intern for a 12-week summer 2021 immersive & transformative internship experience. Post Consumer Brands is unique as our core values & mission is at the forefront of our efforts. Consider joining our team to launch the success story of your career journey.
In order to fully realize the value of diversity of talent, experience, strengths, and backgrounds each of us brings to Post Consumer Brands, we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on these behaviors:
- Be open to new ideas
- Listen attentively as a partner
- Model collaboration
- Be accountable
- Respect all viewpoints
Job Title: Business Reporting & Analytics Intern
Location: Lakeville, MN
The Business Reporting and Analytics department at Post Consumer Brands’ goal is to develop descriptive/prescriptive solutions using various BI and Data Science Tools to drive alignment and better decisions-making across the Executive team and various functional teams. We’re responsible for recognizing and understanding trends impacting the business and sharing key learnings in an easily digestible format. We also support the Budgeting and forecasting process through the maintenance and development of the IBM TM1 Planning tool.
As an intern, you will provide reporting and analytical support by working on existing or new projects using tools like Cognos, Tableau, Excel, Jupyter Notebooks and TM1. As it relates to TM1, you will help to validate business rules and help identify allocation methodologies for Budget and Actual.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES / DUTIES
The Business Reporting & Analytics Intern may assist in a number of project and/or operations support roles. Assignments may include work such as:
• Help identify Process Metrics to track and gather requirements to calculate these metrics and store these values to understand the trends.
• Gather requirements, develop, and deploy Dashboards and management reports in IBM Cognos to support corporate initiatives.
• Automate / Standardize Reporting across all functions
• New Dashboards to be identified, help support this area
• Validate key drivers and budget assumptions
• Analyze and compare customer/product profitability data to ensure alignment between Actual and Budget
• Research improvements to daily net sales forecasting method, tracking accuracy vs baseline
• Test cost allocation methodologies in product/customer profitability reporting
• Use Excel, Python, or R to analyze large data sets and present findings to stakeholders
• Use SQL to explore data sources in data warehouse
• Help analysts migrate manual, excel based business processes into standardized TM1 models
• Automate repetitive actions in Excel using VBA
• Expand forecasting model self-diagnostic methods using TM1 scripting language
• Help maintain TM1 Budgeting and Reporting tool through clean-up of unused dimensions, TI Processes, and cubes.
Specific project and operational roles will be identified 30-60 days prior to the start of the internship, based on business need and intern interests.
• Candidates must be pursuing a four-year undergraduate or graduate degree or at an institution with an accredited program in in Business Analytics, Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
• Second major or minor in MIS or interest/experience in any programming language preferred
• Proven leadership, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes initiative to identify areas of opportunity and take action
• A high level of competence in computer applications and the ability to use technology as a decision-support tool
• Ability to identify and evaluate tactical methods to achieve objectives, identify deviations from the plan, and facilitate resolution
• Ability to handle confidential information and use discretion within and outside of the organization
• Previous internship or work experience (strongly preferred)
• Interest in the consumer packaged goods / manufacturing industry with the desire to start a career with Post Consumer Brands after graduation (strongly preferred)
Additional Program Information & Perks
• Offering competitive compensation
• Access to a dynamic internship event program including development, networking, & social activities
• Eligible for subsidized housing & relocation stipend
• Cereal galore – enjoy a variety of cereal and oatmeal options in our break room, for free. Free milk, coffee, and conversation included as well. We promise you won’t be disappointed.
Interested to apply?
Visit www.jobs.postconsumerbrands.com to apply online and follow us on social media to keep to date on the great things happening every day at Post Consumer Brands.
Learn more about Post Consumer Brands
Post Consumer Brands is a business unit of Post Holdings Inc., formed from the combination of Post Foods and MOM Brands in May 2015. Headquartered in Lakeville, Minn., Post Consumer Brands today is the third-largest cereal company in the United States, with a broad portfolio of products spanning all segments of the category — from iconic household name brands and value ready-to-eat cereals to natural/organic and hot cereal varieties. As a company committed to high standards of quality and to our values, we are driven by one idea: To make better happen every day. For more information about our brands, visit www.postconsumerbrands.com.
Post Holdings and Post Consumer Brands provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.