Post Consumer Brands is looking for a transformational Finance Intern for a 12-week summer 2021 immersive internship experience. This position will provide visibility into multiple functions including: Finance, Marketing, and Sales as we pursue our Revenue Management initiative. Consider joining our team to launch the success story of your career journey.
In order to fully realize the value of diversity of talent, experience, strengths, and backgrounds each of us brings to Post Consumer Brands, we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on these behaviors:
- Be open to new ideas
- Listen attentively as a partner
- Model collaboration
- Be accountable
- Respect all viewpoints
Job Title: Finance Intern – Brand/Marketing/Sales/Revenue Management
Location: Lakeville, MN
The Revenue Management team’s objective is to influence our internal customers (primarily Marketing and Sales) through credible analytics to maximize net sales and profit for Post Consumer Brands. This position will gain knowledge into the key strategies the team utilizes to achieve our objective. The purpose of this intern position is to develop an individual to assist in identifying new opportunities within our strategic vision, use computer applications and technology to streamline exploration, and provide reliable financial information to influence future business decisions.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES / DUTIES
The Finance Intern may assist in a number of project and/or operations support roles in the finance department. Assignments may include work such as:
- Gain knowledge of Revenue Management objectives, strategies, and goals
- Learn to discover, interpret, and communicate meaningful patterns
- Leverage validated data to provide financial options to PCB leadership
- Optimize processes related to fiduciary responsibilities
- Pre and post ROI analytics
- Brand financial support
Specific project and operational roles will be identified 30-60 days prior to the start of the internship, based on business need and intern interests.
- Candidates must be pursuing a four-year undergraduate or graduate degree or at an institution with an accredited program in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Business, or Marketing
- Motivated, curious individual with a desire to learn, understand, and ask questions
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes initiative to identify areas of opportunity and take action
- A high level of competence in computer applications and the ability to use technology as a decision-support tool
- Ability to handle confidential information and use discretion within and outside of the organization
- Previous internship or work experience (preferred)
- Interest in the consumer packaged goods / manufacturing industry with the desire to start a career with Post Consumer Brands after graduation (preferred)
Additional Program Information & Perks
- Offering competitive compensation
- Access to a dynamic internship event program including development, networking, & social activities
- Eligible for subsidized housing & relocation stipend
- Cereal galore – enjoy a variety of cereal and oatmeal options in our break room, for free. Free milk, coffee, and conversation included as well. We promise you won’t be disappointed.
Interested to apply?
Visit www.jobs.postconsumerbrands.com to apply online and follow us on social media to keep to date on the great things happening every day at Post Consumer Brands.
Learn more about Post Consumer Brands
Post Consumer Brands is a business unit of Post Holdings Inc., formed from the combination of Post Foods and MOM Brands in May 2015. Headquartered in Lakeville, Minn., Post Consumer Brands today is the third-largest cereal company in the United States, with a broad portfolio of products spanning all segments of the category — from iconic household name brands and value ready-to-eat cereals to natural/organic and hot cereal varieties. As a company committed to high standards of quality and to our values, we are driven by one idea: To make better happen every day. For more information about our brands, visit www.postconsumerbrands.com.
Post Holdings and Post Consumer Brands provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.