Looking to pursue a career in Food Science & Engineering? Do you want to gain hands-on experience in a growing, mission-driven, consumer-centric organization? Post Consumer Brands is looking for an Food Science Engineering intern for a 12-week summer 2021 immersive & transformative internship experience. Post Consumer Brands is unique as our core values & mission is at the forefront of our efforts. Consider joining our team to launch the success story of your career journey.
In order to fully realize the value of diversity of talent, experience, strengths, and backgrounds each of us brings to Post Consumer Brands, we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on these behaviors:
- Be open to new ideas
- Listen attentively as a partner
- Model collaboration
- Be accountable
- Respect all viewpoints
Job Title: Food Science Engineering Intern
Department: Technical Excellence
Location: Jonesboro, AR
The purpose of this position is to collaborate cross functionally to improve product and process design unlocking efficiencies on existing products across our manufacturing network. Under the guidance of a senior technical leader, this opportunity will leverage food science and/or engineering principles to implement innovative and sustainable solutions in our manufacturing plants. This role would develop you in lead into possible career path as a plant food scientist, QFS Scientist, Enterprise Manufacturing Engineer, CI Engineer, R&D Developer, or Operations Leadership Development Associate.
NOTE: This position will be located in Jonesboro, AR. If intern receives a job offer upon graduation, the candidate must be willing to relocate as final placement could be in different Post Consumer Brands plant location than the internship.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES / DUTIES
The Food Science Engineering Intern may assist in a number of project and/or operations support roles in the Technical Excellence department. Assignments may include work such as:
• Execute formula or ingredient changes to improve product consistency and/or process improvements. Leverage lean methodology and tools to analyze and facilitate data-driven decisions.
• Work collaboratively to provide technical support on product, ingredient and process related issues. Includes a fundamental understanding around our processes and procedures to maintain product quality and consistency.
• Apply food science principles and techniques to identify improvement opportunities on existing products. Includes an understanding of data collection tools and product/ingredient analysis.• Work collaboratively to execute product and process improvements to yield, rate, downtime, safety, quality, productivity and capacity. Leverage lean methodology and tools to analyze and facilitate data-driven decisions.
• Support manufacturing implementation of network projects. May include capital projects, commercialization and/or process standardization.
• Apply engineering techniques in the analysis of existing production lines that enable process improvement identification and execution. Includes an understanding of data collection tools and process instrumentation.
Specific project and operational roles will be identified 30-60 days prior to the start of the internship, based on business need and intern interests.
• Candidates must be pursuing a four-year undergraduate or graduate degree or at an institution with an accredited program in Food Science or Engineering.
• Proven leadership, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes initiative to identify areas of opportunity and take action
• A high level of competence in computer applications and the ability to use technology as a decision-support tool
• Ability to identify and evaluate tactical methods to achieve objectives, identify deviations from the plan, and facilitate resolution
• Ability to handle confidential information and use discretion within and outside of the organization
• Previous internship or work experience (strongly preferred)
• Interest in the consumer packaged goods / manufacturing industry with the desire to start a career with Post Consumer Brands after graduation with flexibility to be mobile on final placement after internship role (strongly preferred)
Additional Program Information & Perks
• Offering competitive compensation
• Access to a dynamic internship event program including development, networking, & social activities
• Eligible for subsidized housing & relocation stipend
• Cereal galore – enjoy a variety of cereal and oatmeal options in our break room, for free. Free milk, coffee, and conversation included as well. We promise you won’t be disappointed.
Interested to apply?
Visit www.jobs.postconsumerbrands.com to apply online and follow us on social media to keep to date on the great things happening every day at Post Consumer Brands.
Learn more about Post Consumer Brands
Post Consumer Brands is a business unit of Post Holdings Inc., formed from the combination of Post Foods and MOM Brands in May 2015. Headquartered in Lakeville, Minn., Post Consumer Brands today is the third-largest cereal company in the United States, with a broad portfolio of products spanning all segments of the category — from iconic household name brands and value ready-to-eat cereals to natural/organic and hot cereal varieties. As a company committed to high standards of quality and to our values, we are driven by one idea: To make better happen every day. For more information about our brands, visit www.postconsumerbrands.com.
Post Holdings and Post Consumer Brands provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.