Looking to pursue a career in Information Technology (IT)? Do you want to gain hands-on experience in a growing, mission-driven, consumer-centric organization? Post Consumer Brands is looking for an IT Development Intern for a 12-week summer 2021 immersive & transformative internship experience. Post Consumer Brands is unique as our core values & mission is at the forefront of our efforts. Consider joining our team to launch the success story of your career journey.
In order to fully realize the value of diversity of talent, experience, strengths, and backgrounds each of us brings to Post Consumer Brands, we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on these behaviors:
- Be open to new ideas
- Listen attentively as a partner
- Model collaboration
- Be accountable
- Respect all viewpoints
Job Title: IT Development Intern
Location: Lakeville, MN
At Post Consumer Brands, the effective leverage of technology is important to the success of our business. Our IT Developer intern will engage in a technology project, designing and developing solutions for critical business needs. Our intern will be paired with a seasoned member of our IT team, allowing our intern to learn how to meet technical needs in a complex, real world environment. As a food manufacturer, our IT department supports everything from Plant manufacturing to eCommerce solutions. Specific assignment will be dependent on interest and background of the intern.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES / DUTIES
The IT Developer Intern will assist in a number of projects within the IT department. A successful intern will complete smaller design and coding assignments, with partnership of a seasoned member of our IT team. Assignments may include work such as:
• Depending on interest and background of the intern, along with project needs, the intern may work on technologies specific to a business domain, such as Marketing technologies, Manufacturing, Infrastructure or Data Warehousing.
• Develop functionality leveraging PL SQL Oracle, SQL server, .net, Dev Ops and Cloud infrastructure
• Develop interfaces leveraging Dell Boomi and other standard tools
• Produce technical designs, meeting documented business needs
Specific project roles will be identified 30-60 days prior to the start of the internship, based on business need and intern interests.
• Candidates must be pursuing a four-year undergraduate or graduate degree or at an institution with an accredited program in Information Technology / Engineering or related field
• Proven leadership, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes initiative to identify areas of opportunity and take action
• A high level of competence in computer applications and the ability to use technology as a decision-support tool
• Ability to identify and evaluate tactical methods to achieve objectives, identify deviations from the plan, and facilitate resolution
• Interest in the consumer packaged goods / manufacturing industry with the desire to start a career with Post Consumer Brands after graduation (strongly preferred)
Additional Program Information & Perks
• Offering competitive compensation
• Access to a dynamic internship event program including development, networking, & social activities
• Eligible for subsidized housing & relocation stipend
• Cereal galore – enjoy a variety of cereal and oatmeal options in our break room, for free. Free milk, coffee, and conversation included as well. We promise you won’t be disappointed.
Interested to apply?
Visit www.jobs.postconsumerbrands.com to apply online and follow us on social media to keep to date on the great things happening every day at Post Consumer Brands.
Learn more about Post Consumer Brands
Post Consumer Brands is a business unit of Post Holdings Inc., formed from the combination of Post Foods and MOM Brands in May 2015. Headquartered in Lakeville, Minn., Post Consumer Brands today is the third-largest cereal company in the United States, with a broad portfolio of products spanning all segments of the category — from iconic household name brands and value ready-to-eat cereals to natural/organic and hot cereal varieties. As a company committed to high standards of quality and to our values, we are driven by one idea: To make better happen every day. For more information about our brands, visit www.postconsumerbrands.com.
Post Holdings and Post Consumer Brands provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.