Looking to pursue a career in Information Technology (IT)? Do you want to gain hands-on experience in a growing, mission-driven, consumer-centric organization? Post Consumer Brands is looking for a Project Management Intern for a 12-week summer 2021 immersive & transformative internship experience. Post Consumer Brands is unique as our core values & mission is at the forefront of our efforts. Consider joining our team to launch the success story of your career journey.
In order to fully realize the value of diversity of talent, experience, strengths, and backgrounds each of us brings to Post Consumer Brands, we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on these behaviors:
- Be open to new ideas
- Listen attentively as a partner
- Model collaboration
- Be accountable
- Respect all viewpoints
Job Title: IT Intern – Project Management
Location: Lakeville, MN
At Post Consumer Brands, the Project Management team is responsible for providing essential business value and capabilities by delivering IT projects on time, within budget and the agreed upon scope. An IT project manager will collaborate with Business Systems Analysts, IT Technical Team Members, Business Leadership and Business team stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of their assigned projects.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES / DUTIES
The Project Management Intern may assist in a number of projects within the IT department. A successful intern will complete, at a minimum, 1-2 small projects or be a member of the PM team for a larger initiative. Assignments may include work such as:
• Lead small initiatives under the direction of a senior level project manager.
• Work as a supporting Project Management team member on a larger initiatives. Deliver project management tasks as assigned by the Lead Project Manager.
• Deliver IT PMO Process Improvement projects under the direction of the IT PMO Director.
Specific project roles will be identified 30-60 days prior to the start of the internship, based on business need and intern interests.
• Candidates must be pursuing a four-year undergraduate or graduate degree or at an institution with an accredited program in Information Technology / Engineering or related field
• Proficiency with Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, e-mail, and SharePoint.
• Proven leadership, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes initiative to identify areas of opportunity and take action
• A high level of competence in computer applications and the ability to use technology as a decision-support tool
• Ability to identify and evaluate tactical methods to achieve objectives, identify deviations from the plan, and facilitate resolution
• Ability to handle confidential information and use discretion within and outside of the organization
• Interest in the consumer packaged goods / manufacturing industry with the desire to start a career with Post Consumer Brands after graduation (strongly preferred)
Additional Program Information & Perks
• Offering competitive compensation
• Access to a dynamic internship event program including development, networking, & social activities
• Eligible for subsidized housing & relocation stipend
• Cereal galore – enjoy a variety of cereal and oatmeal options in our break room, for free. Free milk, coffee, and conversation included as well. We promise you won’t be disappointed.
Interested to apply?
Visit www.jobs.postconsumerbrands.com to apply online and follow us on social media to keep to date on the great things happening every day at Post Consumer Brands.
Learn more about Post Consumer Brands
Post Consumer Brands is a business unit of Post Holdings Inc., formed from the combination of Post Foods and MOM Brands in May 2015. Headquartered in Lakeville, Minn., Post Consumer Brands today is the third-largest cereal company in the United States, with a broad portfolio of products spanning all segments of the category — from iconic household name brands and value ready-to-eat cereals to natural/organic and hot cereal varieties. As a company committed to high standards of quality and to our values, we are driven by one idea: To make better happen every day. For more information about our brands, visit www.postconsumerbrands.com.
Post Holdings and Post Consumer Brands provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.