Looking to pursue a career in Product R&D Development at a growing consumer packaged goods company? Do you want to gain hands-on experience in an innovative, mission-driven, consumer-centric organization? Post Consumer Brands is looking for a Product R&D Developer Intern for a 12-week summer 2021 immersive & transformative internship experience. Post Consumer Brands is unique as our core values & mission are at the forefront of our efforts. Consider joining our team to launch the success story of your career journey.
In order to fully realize the value of diversity of talent, experience, strengths, and backgrounds each of us brings to Post Consumer Brands, we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on these behaviors:
- Be open to new ideas
- Listen attentively as a partner
- Model collaboration
- Be accountable
- Respect all viewpoints
Job Title: Product R&D Developer Intern
Department: Manufacturing, R&D
Location: Lakeville, MN
The Research and Development team is responsible for leading the development and management of products for Post Consumer Brands. The purpose of this intern position is to develop an individual to assist the team in the identification of new opportunities, formulation, cross-functional communication and collaboration, testing and commercialization of new products, reformulations and other product based opportunities.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES / DUTIES
The Product R&D Developer Intern may assist in a number of project and/or operations support roles in the Research & Development department. Assignments may include work such as:
• Apply standard scientific techniques in the analysis of production lines from raw materials to finished packages to provide safe and efficient manufacturing systems that meet quality, food safety, environmental, and cost expectations.
• Support the identification and solution of cost savings issues, product/packaging change issues, equipment modifications, manufacturability issues, etc., using appropriate scientific principles.
• Work on the development and implementation of long-term improvement programs tied to rates, efficiencies, yields, and costs of manufacturing systems.
• Provide technical support to production for product modifications, process improvements, and process troubleshooting.
• Initiate, implement, and cost justify equipment and system modifications to production lines in response to performance and product quality issues.
• Help develop new products and improvements to existing products. Assure that product activities meet company cost capacity, quality, marketing and product development requirements.
• Provide design and processing parameters inputs for new products, capacity improvements, and equipment design.
• Examples of potential products projects would include flavor/line extensions of existing products, new product technologies including the addition of functional ingredients to products, and new to market innovations, but depend based on business priorities.
Specific project and operational roles will be identified 30-60 days prior to the start of the internship, based on business need and intern interests.
• Candidates must be pursuing a four-year undergraduate or graduate degree or at an institution with an accredited program in Chemical Engineering or Food Science
• Proven leadership, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes initiative to identify areas of opportunity and take action
• A high level of competence in computer applications and the ability to use technology as a decision-support tool
• Ability to identify and evaluate tactical methods to achieve objectives, identify deviations from the plan, and facilitate resolution
• Ability to handle confidential information and use discretion within and outside of the organization
• Previous internship or work experience (strongly preferred)
• Interest in the consumer packaged goods / manufacturing industry with the desire to start a career with Post Consumer Brands after graduation (strongly preferred)
Additional Program Information & Perks
• Offering competitive compensation
• Access to a dynamic internship event program including development, networking, & social activities
• Eligible for subsidized housing & relocation stipend
• Cereal galore – enjoy a variety of cereal and oatmeal options in our break room, for free. Free milk, coffee, and conversation included as well. We promise you won’t be disappointed.
Interested to apply?
Visit www.jobs.postconsumerbrands.com to apply online and follow us on social media to keep to date on the great things happening every day at Post Consumer Brands.
Learn more about Post Consumer Brands
Post Consumer Brands is a business unit of Post Holdings Inc., formed from the combination of Post Foods and MOM Brands in May 2015. Headquartered in Lakeville, Minn., Post Consumer Brands today is the third-largest cereal company in the United States, with a broad portfolio of products spanning all segments of the category — from iconic household name brands and value ready-to-eat cereals to natural/organic and hot cereal varieties. As a company committed to high standards of quality and to our values, we are driven by one idea: To make better happen every day. For more information about us, visit www.postconsumerbrands.com.
Post Holdings and Post Consumer Brands provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.