Summer 2021 – Human Resources Internship
RBC Wealth Management is part of the Royal Bank of Canada. Its subsidiaries operate under the master brand name RBC. RBC is one of the world’s leading diversified financial services companies, distinguished by a long heritage of financial strength, integrity and unwavering dedication to our clients.
RBC Wealth Management’s business is financial advising. Our financial advisors and their teams sit across the country in our different branch offices, serving our clients and growing our business. We have a variety of different corporate functions in our Minneapolis office that support this business.
What is the opportunity?
We are actively seeking interns to support our Human Resources functions at RBC Wealth Management – U.S. Our program is 10 weeks long and provides students the opportunity to gain in-depth, hands-on experience while working and learning alongside our experienced financial services professionals. Our program includes learning sessions, social outings, volunteer work, career development, networking opportunities, exposure to executive leadership and more.
What will you do?
• Assist with special projects for different HR functions including: Recruiting, Employee Relations, Payroll, Benefits, Immigration, Commission Accounting and the HR Support Center
• Research strategies, report on metrics and propose process improvements
• Assist with onboarding and orientation for new employees
• Other general administrative support duties as assigned
What do you need to succeed?
• Junior or Senior (graduation dates of May 2021, Dec 2021, May 2022) at an accredited four-year college or university with a degree granted or expected in Human Resources, Business or a related discipline.
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
• Strong communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills
• An interest in financial services industry
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Leadership experience
The 2021 program is based in Minneapolis, MN and will be June 7th – August 13th. Interns are responsible for their own housing, meals and travel expenses.
Although the application deadline is in the Fall, please know that we may review and interview candidates throughout the school year. Please check TalentLink for your application status.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual. What you can expect:
• Valuable training, learning sessions, social outings, volunteer work, career development, networking opportunities, exposure to executive leadership, dedicated mentor and more
• Direct work exposure to multiple areas of RBC Wealth Management
• Opportunity to make a difference and lasting impact on our business
• The chance to work for dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing teams