The AmeriCorps Program Coordinator oversees all aspects of running a program of Rebuilding Together, from meeting with clients to developing scopes of work, or from presenting to volunteer groups to managing inventory. This position is a great opportunity for someone who likes every day to be different and seeks experience in nonprofit program coordination. The AmeriCorps Program Coordinator meets with clients, activates community volunteers, organizes logistics, oversees rebuilding projects, collects data and compiles program reports. The AmeriCorps Program Coordinator is involved in all aspects of our organization and work as part of our team to increase our capacity, efficiency, and quality of services.
We are seeking individuals who want to get involved and ensure a safe and healthy home for every person in their community. During a 8 month AmeriCorps term, you’d earn a living stipend of $15,000 and an Education Award of $6,195 upon completion of the term.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pursue a robust client and volunteer outreach strategy that will increase awareness of the program among our target populations, including: attending community meetings and other events; creating and distributing materials; contributing client- and volunteer-focused content for social media, newsletter, and website; presenting at community organizations and tabling at resource and volunteer fairs.
- Oversee the client application process for the program, including: assisting potential clients with the application, managing homeowner application intake, completing initial interviews with clients, completing home assessments, and tracking the client application/approval process in the database.
- Collaborate with staff to place volunteers with appropriate rebuilding projects or secure contractors, schedule projects and develop project timelines, get tools and materials on site, and meet with clients to ensure they know what to expect on project day.
- Oversee general volunteers in completing direct hands-on repairs. Ensure that volunteers are trained in their task and have access to tools/materials, that proper safety procedures are being followed, that the work product is of good quality, and that volunteers enjoyed and feel appreciated for their service.
- Arrange purchase and delivery of crucial project needs, including: tools and materials, personal protective equipment, dumpsters and other rented items, water and snacks. Maintain a system for warehouse inventory to allow bulk purchasing, the reuse or repurposing of tools/materials, and an efficient supply chain. Ensure routine maintenance of Rebuilding Together-owned tools between projects.
- Maintain a record-keeping system for program services, including client and project data. Evaluate program data and create reports on progress toward program goals. Complete any paperwork and file closeout for each rebuilding project within the program.
- Develop and coordinate trainings, resources, and presentations on healthy housing for both homeowners and volunteers. Encourage community and homeowner attendance through outreach strategies. Trainings such as these leverage our work by promoting community awareness of housing issues and empower people to perform routine home maintenance and reap the benefits.