Rise Bagel Co. is seeking friendly, hard-working and dependable COUNTER STAFF & BARISTAS to work at our first retail location in the North Loop of Minneapolis. This is a unique opportunity to get your foot in the door at a new food start-up, wear many hats and play a critical role in building something meaningful from the ground up. Stay with us & grow with us!
- Serve customers in a friendly, responsive and timely fashion
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of menu items and explain them to guests accurately
- Operate quickly in a fast-paced environment and remain calm under pressure
- Operate POS system to complete cash and credit card transactions, open and close the register
- Handle and count cash accurately
- Stock baked good displays and maintain their appearance
- Bag bagels for customers
- Grind, brew and serve coffee
- Restock condiment bar and other retail supplies
- Keep floors, counter-spaces and surface areas spotless
- Maintain cleanliness of customer seating area and bathrooms
- Assist teammates and work together to collectively execute all tasks
- Maintain good communication with all staff members
- Friendly, out-going and personable
- Strong communication skills
- Neat and organized
- Openness to learning, coaching and development
- Ability to work in standing position for long periods of time
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Morning and afternoon, weekday and weekend availability
Rise Bagel Co. is filling a hole. We specialize in old-world artisan bagels with a modern twist using organic ingredients. Our made-from-scratch dough is rolled, boiled, topped on both sides and baked—resulting in crisp, chewy and flavorful bagels. From our oven to your taste buds, we stand behind an honest, wholesome philosophy to create an elevated bagel experience.
FOUNDED BY SISTERS
Jen & Kate Lloyd, sisters and self-proclaimed “bread heads,” have had a love affair with bagels from an early age. Inspired by their struggle to find a bagel they admired locally, they went on a mission. Traveling from the bagel meccas of New York City and Montreal to San Francisco, they taste tested and learned from the very best—all in an effort to develop a unique recipe that pays homage to old-world-style bagels.
A MODERN TAKE ON AN OLD-WORLD CRAFT
Our organic bagels are proper and far from imposters—not those “rolls with holes” that weigh you down all day. Made the old-fashioned way with time and care, they are crispy with a contrasting interior, chewy with a yank and generously coated (on both sides) with the finest organic ingredients. It’s a true labour of love.
WHAT’S IN A NAME?
We love the power of the word rise and all its natural associations. Wheat must rise from the Earth; Dough must rise with yeast; Bagels must rise when boiled; The sun must rise; People must rise from their slumber; Together, we must rise to the occasion.