JOB TITLE: Information Technology Intern
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Information Technology
# OF DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
HOURS: Part-Time; 20 hours/week
DURATION: January 2021 through May 2021
# OF POSITIONS: 1
Second Harvest Heartlands’ Information Technology department is a small and dedicated team of professionals who work very closely with all departments in our organization. The Information Technology intern will assist IT department staff in technical support duties, documentation, as well as implementing solutions, tracking hardware and software inventory, assisting IT and other departments with reports, and training SHH staff on new and existing software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in troubleshooting issues.
- Help with upgrading network equipment.
- Assist in organization and maintaining IT resources.
- Assist in the daily operations of the department.
- Assist with various programming projects to accomplish the objectives of the department
- Create effective technology training material to help end users be more productive in their jobs.
- Brainstorm new technology solutions and help bring ideas to life.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with SHH’s mission, vision, and values daily.
- Understand safety policies and actively promote safe practices in the workplace.
- Ability to build strong, constructive relationships with a diverse range of individual and organizational partners, where common goals can be discovered, jointly shared and owned for maximum impact.
- Strong commitment to equity; ability to work with individuals from different abilities, ethnicities, genders, races, religions, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Demonstrate the ability to support the work of others. A high level of understanding and respect for the urgency and needs of others. Ability to see how actions impact others. Willingness to put the needs of internal and external customers first.
- Support innovation with an openness to new ideas, learning from others and flexibility to support change as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify issues or areas of improvement and the willingness to address them.
- Maintain confidentiality of personal information of employees, volunteers, clients, donors and others.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and positive attitude.
· A combination of education and experience generally attained through Some post-secondary IT education and experience with Microsoft Office, Office 365 and the ability to learn other computer software programs.
· Strong computer skills.
· Strong interest in IT with a passion to learn.
· Familiarity with Windows 10 and Office 365 is preferred, but not necessary.
· Must be able to work independently as needed.
· Willingness to engage in challenging opportunities, real technical projects, and interactions with staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Below is a table with the percentage of time that this position is expected to be engaged in the following physical requirements.
Second Harvest Heartland is an EEO/AA Employer