This position is part of our college intern program. Internships are during the summer months. This internship is available for four-year college students the summer before their graduation date.
We will only be pursuing candidates who are currently authorized to work in the United States. We will not be pursuing candidates where Visa sponsorship is needed.
Responsibilities of this role include:
· Performing financial projections
· Management reporting
· Other finance activities which will provide an overall exposure to a career in finance
· Excellent academic achievement
· Strong communication skills
· Analytical problem-solving skills
Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science and/or Computer Science
Securian Financial has been around for nearly 140 years. We’re committed to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our employees for professional development and growth and a number of diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the company. There’s a reason our employees have voted us as a best place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at Securian!
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan – great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision plans.
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Physical job requirements:
· Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
· Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for approximately 1-4 hours per day
· Ability to utilize phone for approximately 1-4 hours per day
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal employment opportunity:
Securian Financial Group, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, marital or familial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, or Veteran status. All applicants will be considered solely on the basis of their qualifications.