About the Role:
Sezzle’s web interfaces provide critical interaction with our customers, our merchants, and our employees. We are looking for a Front-End Web Development Intern to help us design, develop, and deploy applications for the web. At Sezzle, you’ll build web applications that meet modern accessibility standards, are backed by tests, and exhibit great performance.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower young consumers. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the thousands of eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
- Express design ideas in wireframes and mock-ups
- Build web content using modern libraries and code development tools
- Code web applications to interact with Sezzle’s back-end APIs, and occasionally, make your own changes to those APIs
- Compose front-end tests
- Measure and optimize site performance
- Document your code and its functionality
- Report on your progress using project-management tools
- Maintain your code with distributed version control
- Communicate your work to internal stakeholders and developers
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- Experience in web development and deployment, with public-repository examples
- Experience with at least one component-based JS framework (React, Vue or Angular)
- Familiarity with back-end development, including authentication, databases, and distributed (cloud) software architecture
- Close familiarity with software engineering tools (e.g., IDEs)
- Progress towards, or completion of, a degree in computer science or certification in web development
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks & Benefits:
- Collaborative workspace, full-stocked kitchen, weekly lunches and much more!
- Headquartered in the North Loop area of Minneapolis with easy access to public transportation and right on the MetroLine
- The opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest-growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.