Working at a startup means living in a world that’s fast-moving and constantly evolving. As a result, there are plenty of exciting opportunities for career progression. We’re a team with huge dreams and the motivation to match, so we’re looking for customer-obsessed, entrepreneurially minded, go-getters who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to deliver against our team’s lofty goals.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower the next generation. Today, only one in three young people own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no credit at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the +16,000 eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
About the Graphic Design Intern Role:
This position is responsible for the production of creative visual content to help drive traffic through social media, email, and website platforms. This is a great opportunity to build your portfolio with digital examples from an innovative tech company. You must be passionate about digital design, and be aware of current web trends and best practices. He/she should be able to work effectively within an established brand identity system while pushing the brand direction forward. Some daily projects include social media design, outbound email design, packaging creative assets, internal creative design, store directory image selection, and collaborating with others on larger projects. This position reports to the Senior Designer. Some specific responsibilities include:
- Sourcing merchant imagery for store directory, social media posts, affiliate programs, and email.
- Taking finished working files and exporting them into file types and sizes requested for production.
- Designing internal creative collateral on a per request basis.
- Using current templates to build and splice b2c and b2b email creative.
- Create GIFs for social and email designs.
Top Applicants Will Have:
- a four-Year Degree (or planned completion by Aug ‘21)
- a proven history of academic excellence (preferred >3.5 GPA)
- Strong portfolio with examples of digital design.
Preferred Skills & Experience Include:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc)
- Experience with Sketch
- Google Slides
- excellent English communication skills
- You have relentlessly high standards – many people may think your standards are unreasonably high. You are continually raising the bar and driving those around you to deliver great results. You make sure that defects do not get sent down the line and that problems are fixed so they stay fixed.
- You’re not bound by convention – your success—and much of the fun—lies in developing new ways to do things
- You have a bias for action – speed matters in business. Many decisions and actions are reversible and do not need extensive study. We value calculated risk-taking.
- You earn trust – you listen attentively, speak candidly, and treat others respectfully.
- You have backbone; disagree, then commit – you can respectfully challenge decisions when you disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting. You have conviction and are tenacious. You do not compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is determined, you commit wholly.
- You deliver results – you focus on the key inputs and deliver them with the right quality and in a timely fashion. Despite setbacks, you rise to the occasion and never settle.
Perks & Benefits:
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, triathletes and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire. Working at Sezzle comes with many great perks, including:
- a trendy, open workspace located in the North Loop area of Minneapolis with easy access to public transportation,
- the opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest-growing startup alongside a team of other motivated and driven team members,
- commuter benefits, full-stocked kitchen, weekly lunches and much more!
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.