Working at a startup means living in a world that’s fast-moving and constantly evolving. As a result, there are plenty of exciting opportunities for career progression. We’re a team with huge dreams and the motivation to match, so we’re looking for customer-obsessed, entrepreneurially minded, go-getters who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to deliver against our team’s lofty goals.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower the next generation. Today, only one in three young people own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no credit at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the +16,000 eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
About the Merchant Marketing Intern Role:
As a Marketing Intern supporting the Merchant Marketing Team, you will be responsible for executing marketing tasks and programs aimed at increasing marketing-qualified leads. The primary responsibilities for this role are (1) to plan and source relevant content for our B2B target groups (e-commerce retailers), (2) to execute communications via social media and email, and (3) to take end-to-end ownership of a project aimed at leveraging the existing base of customers to accelerate the pace of referral business. You’ll also be responsible for:
- editorial content planning, sourcing and creation of marketing art and copy to support newsletters, articles, case studies, white papers and press releases
- monitoring and measuring the success of the implemented communications
- ongoing measurement and improvement of web pages along the customer’s path to conversion (landing page optimization)
- ongoing tracking and periodic sharing of key Customer Marketing analytics
Top Applicants Will Have:
- a four-Year Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, or other relevant fields (or planned completion by Aug ‘21)
- a proven history of academic excellence (preferred >3.5 GPA)
Preferred Skills & Experience Include:
- marketing, web-based services; experience in retail and/or payments
- Excel, or Google Sheets
- excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- startup experience is a plus
- You have relentlessly high standards – many people may think your standards are unreasonably high. You are continually raising the bar and driving those around you to deliver great results. You make sure that defects do not get sent down the line and that problems are fixed so they stay fixed.
- You’re not bound by convention – your success—and much of the fun—lies in developing new ways to do things
- You have a bias for action – speed matters in business. Many decisions and actions are reversible and do not need extensive study. We value calculated risk-taking.
- You earn trust – you listen attentively, speak candidly, and treat others respectfully.
- You have backbone; disagree, then commit – you can respectfully challenge decisions when you disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting. You have conviction and are tenacious. You do not compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is determined, you commit wholly.
- You deliver results – you focus on the key inputs and deliver them with the right quality and in a timely fashion. Despite setbacks, you rise to the occasion and never settle.
Perks & Benefits:
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, triathletes and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire. Working at Sezzle comes with many great perks, including:
- a trendy, open workspace located in the North Loop area of Minneapolis with easy access to public transportation,
- the opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest-growing startup alongside a team of other motivated and driven team members,
- commuter benefits, full-stocked kitchen, weekly lunches and much more!
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.