About the Role:
The Merchant Success Team establishes, nourishes, and manages the large number of relationships we build with merchant partners beginning as early as reviewing an application for partnership. As such, it is important that we effectively and efficiently review and respond to applicants using helpful and clear communication strategies. This role will challenge you to use consistent decisioning processes and provide you the opportunity to establish and strengthen relationships from the get-go through (at times) high volume application reviewals. Additionally, you will assist in periodic compliance and success reviews with the team, ensuring policies, terms of service, and merchant-to-shopper customer service are maintained and mutual success is achieved on all sides.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower young consumers. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the thousands of eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
- Vet potential business partners using established criteria and processes in a collaborative setting
- Review large numbers of existing business partners to ensure compliance
- Assist with daily and long-term data hygiene initiatives using Salesforce, Salesloft, and other CRM based tools
- Ensure data validity and consistency between multiple platforms
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited local University
- Sophomore or Junior preferred
- Business, communication, or marketing background preferred
- Detail and process-oriented
- No Prior CRM experience is needed, but is welcomed
- Technical writing experience
- Ability and desire to work in a team
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive wage
- Collaborative workspace, full-stocked kitchen, weekly lunches and much more!
- Headquartered in the North Loop area of Minneapolis with easy access to public transportation and right on the MetroLine
- The opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest-growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.