Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower young consumers. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the thousands of eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
Sezzle is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, and deeply collaborative Project Management Intern, responsible for planning and overseeing projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget.
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Drive product development building end to end solutions with engineers and designers
- pursuing a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Business or related field; or equivalent work experience;
- strong analytical and data visualization skills;
- experience with qualitative and quantitative methodologies to understand customers ability to explore and structure customers’ insights;
- an ability to translate product needs into technology requirements;
- an ability to build relationships and communicate clearly with both business and technology partners;
- an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects/priorities; and
- an ability to own and deliver work independently and also to work within a team.
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.