Working at a startup means living in a world that’s fast-moving and constantly evolving. As a result, there are plenty of exciting opportunities for career progression. We’re a team with huge dreams and the motivation to match, so we’re looking for customer-obsessed, entrepreneurially minded, go-getters who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to deliver against our team’s lofty goals.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower the next generation. Today, only one in three young people own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no credit at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the +16,000 eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
About the Intern Role:
The Intern, Site Merchandising role will focus on creating best-in-class digital experiences through optimizing conversion, profitability and appearance of both the responsive site and Sezzle App. Here, you’ll apply your passion for digital merchandising, user experience development and curation. Bring your desire to learn about online testing, data and analytics to ensure that the user experience online is as convenient, intuitive and satisfying as can be. Your work will support the best possible search, browse, taxonomy and visual merchandising functionalities, including content and continuous site navigation refinement. You’ll also contribute to reporting and monitoring.
What You’ll Do
As an Intern, Site Merchandiser in Marketing, you will help own the Sezzle digital experience strategy, from top to bottom of the funnel, across both the responsive website and Sezzle App, with an eye on both traffic drivers and landing page destinations. You will bring a strategic, innovative mind-set to Sezzle’s digital merchandising efforts. The scope of your role includes:
- Experience. Implement and optimize site merchandising strategies that focus on conversion, findability, maximizing shopper engagement, and frictionless shopping. Tactics include, but are not limited to: traffic optimization, site taxonomy and attribution management, navigation, search/browse refinements, sort, internal search optimization, merchant-level content, cross-sell/up-sell, item data strategy, and SEO/SEM.
- Content. Plan brand-building, category-optimized site content. Provide business inputs and context to creative teams for execution, ensuring content is revenue-driving, on brand, and impactful.
- Analytics. Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) across all devices and platforms, shopper behavior, market trends, and competitive insights to optimize short-term performance and to inform longer-term strategies. Understand and share the connection between site and financial metrics. Provide weekly in-depth reporting and insights to partner teams.
- Cross-Functional Partnerships. Establish strong relationships across cross-functional teams. Influence and leverage other teams within the broader organization to advance digital objectives.
- Results. Feeling of personal accountability for delivering financial goals (sales and profit) and objectives for the Sezzle digital properties.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Top Applicants Will Have:
- a four-Year Degree (or planned completion by Aug ‘21)
- a proven history of academic excellence (preferred >3.5 GPA)
Preferred Skills & Experience Include:
- marketing, web-based services; experience in retail and/or payments
- Excel, or Google Sheets
- excellent English communication skills
- You have relentlessly high standards – many people may think your standards are unreasonably high. You are continually raising the bar and driving those around you to deliver great results. You make sure that defects do not get sent down the line and that problems are fixed so they stay fixed.
- You’re not bound by convention – your success—and much of the fun—lies in developing new ways to do things
- You have a bias for action – speed matters in business. Many decisions and actions are reversible and do not need extensive study. We value calculated risk-taking.
- You earn trust – you listen attentively, speak candidly, and treat others respectfully.
- You have backbone; disagree, then commit – you can respectfully challenge decisions when you disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting. You have conviction and are tenacious. You do not compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is determined, you commit wholly.
- You deliver results – you focus on the key inputs and deliver them with the right quality and in a timely fashion. Despite setbacks, you rise to the occasion and never settle.
Perks & Benefits:
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, triathletes and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire. Working at Sezzle comes with many great perks, including:
- a trendy, open workspace located in the North Loop area of Minneapolis with easy access to public transportation,
- the opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest-growing startup alongside a team of other motivated and driven team members,
- commuter benefits, full-stocked kitchen, weekly lunches and much more!
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.