About the Role: We are looking for a Software Development Intern who will assist us with the design, development, and installation of software solutions. Your duties will include development, writing code, and documenting functionality. You should be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
Our Company Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower young consumers. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the thousands of eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
- Organize software development lifecycle
- Prepare specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Write well-designed, testable, and efficient code
- Organize, document and maintain software functionality
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Evaluate and deploy software tools, processes, and metrics
- Ensure compliance with project plans and industry standards
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- Significant experience in developing web applications
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Experience in designing interactive applications with test-driven development
- Experience with Python, Go, React, and AWS
- Close familiarity with software engineering tools, software development methodology, and release processes
- Working towards a BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks & Benefits:
- Collaborative workspace, full-stocked kitchen, weekly lunches and much more!
- Headquartered in the North Loop area of Minneapolis with easy access to public transportation and right on the MetroLine
- The opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest-growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome? At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.