Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower young consumers. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the hundreds of eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
Sezzle is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, and deeply collaborative UI/UX Intern to help develop visually appealing prototypes for mobile and web. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker with strong graphic and visual design skills.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate function/look and feel
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Analyze user feedback and activity, and iterate to enhance the user experience
- Pursuing a bachelors degree or equivalent in Graphic Design or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of user-centered design process, web best-practices, and relevant disciplines; including information architecture, interaction and visual design (including mobile and responsive design).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – including the ability to clearly articulate creative concepts and rationale, translate user and business needs into effective designs and technical requirements
- Proficient prototyping and mock-up skills to convey ideas and concepts
- Experience working with software visualization tools (Sketch, Omnigraffle, InVision, HTML/CSS) a plus
- Working knowledge of design fundamentals such as cascading style sheets, color theory, composition, perspective, branding and imagery.
- Ability to build relationships and communicate clearly with both business and technology partners.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects/priorities.
- Ability to own and deliver work independently and also to work within a team.
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.