A Certification Specialist provides high level, quality customer service to all customers of the organization and supports the mission of the organization by completing related tasks. As the Certification Specialist this individual is responsible for various operational aspects of certification program offered by the organization.
This role ensures that all activities and requirements regarding the organizations’ certification programs are followed.
Certification Specialist I – Specific Duties:
- Responds promptly to daily phone and email inquiries
- Responds to customer inquiries by understanding the inquiry; reviewing previous inquiries and responses; gathering and researching information; assembling and forwarding information; verifying customer’s understanding of information and answer
- Responsible for reviewing, calculating and assessing CEU requests
- Responsible for processing certification payments as assigned
- Responsible for daily calls to certified and non-certified individuals regarding current certification status
- Responsible for reviewing, approving and/or denying CEU requests, and/or certification renewals
- Assists with monthly calls to certified individuals
- Assist with review, approval and/or denial of external credit submissions to and for the organization
- Responsible for weekly and monthly mailing projects
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality
- Completes ongoing data entry projects
- Files and scans certification documents into document management system
- Assist at SCCE & HCCA Conference events as needed
- Assist with exam proctoring
- Other duties as assigned
Certification Specialist II – Additional Duties:
- Reviews, approves and/or denies external credit submissions to and for the organization
- Responsible for reviewing, approving and/or denying CEU requests, exam applications and/or certification renewals
- Assist with review and confirmation of candidate information and eligibility status with testing vendor as well as internal stakeholders
- Assist at SCCE & HCCA Conference and industry events as needed
- Assist with exam proctoring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in written form
- Ability to remain professional and courteous with customers at all times
- Ability to work independently as well as positively and effectively as part of a team, with all levels of staff, and various external contacts
- Must have a professional manner in order to successfully interact with certification applicants, and internal staff
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills and focus
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong math skills for CEU calculations
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Ability to work 40 hours per week from 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the year
- Ability to intermittently lift up to 40 lbs
Education and Experience:
- Postsecondary Education or Equivalent required.
- Two to four years of customer service experience required.
- Two to four years of experience within certification, compliance and/or association management related role required.