P.O. Box 18460
Minneapolis, MN 55418
The Southeast Como Improvement Association works to maintain and enhance the physical, social, and economic environment of our neighborhood. Through programs that serve our community’s present and future needs, through communication, stewardship, and citizen involvement, we strive to foster a sense of community and to promote the neighborhood as a vibrant place to live.
Our programs and activities are open to ALL and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin or immigration status, age, religion, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity and/or expression sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
Para asistencia firstname.lastname@example.org, Yog xav tau kev pab email@example.com, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay firstname.lastname@example.org
Southeast Como Improvement Association (SECIA) is looking to hire a paid Communications Intern. This position will be approximately 8-10 hours of work per week.
Communications are vital to the mission of our organization; and connecting with students and residents in the neighborhood is critical to do our work. SECIA has a long history of engaging students in community building through our internship programs, and we are looking for candidates to fill our open internships for 2020. More information about SECIA can be found on our website: http://www.secomo.org
Job Duties may include:
● Design and construct posters, flyers and other print materials for
● Produce a biweekly e-newsletter (E-Comotion) through Mailchimp
● Produce a quarterly paper newsletter (Comotion)
● Post and curate relevant content on our Facebook, Twitter and
● Update SECIA’s website content through WordPress
● Connect with community partners to identify relevant news and
opportunities for the Como neighborhood
● Proofread and perform editing services on internal and external
● Support community outreach, organizing initiatives
● Graphic Design experience with Adobe Software (Illustrator,
InDesign, and Photoshop)
● Ability to work in Google Docs and Microsoft Office
● Familiarity with social media platforms and organizational pages
● Basic knowledge of HTML code
● Ability to work remotely with proper guidance
● Currently enrolled in a higher education program in Minneapolis
or St. Paul
● Connection to Minneapolis neighborhoods, and/or live in the SE Como area
● Familiarity with multiple languages
● This is a part-time intern position and will be paid at $15.00 per
To Apply: Please send a resume, a statement of interest, and references to email@example.com by December 10, 2020.