The purpose of this position is to provide administrative and training assistance to the department and specifically, to student workers. The student lead position, under the direction of the Public Safety Manager, is tasked with the scheduling and training of student workers, in addition to other daily administrative tasks and department projects as assigned.
- Assisting in the hiring, training, and scheduling of student workers
- Covering open desk shifts
- Assisting with administrative tasks
- Completion of other assigned day to day tasks as well as assigned projects
- Demonstrated professional behavior and customer service skills
- Undergraduate student or higher at St. Catherine University
- Ability to respect differences
- Role model for ethical and appropriate behavior both within and outside the campus community
- Ability to work on a team
- Good computer skills and use of other common office equipment
- Ability to use a two-way radio
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better and no major student conduct issues within the last calendar year
- Must consent to finger printing and criminal history (background) investigation per Minnesota state law.
- Able to work shifts that are scheduled between 6 am and 12am, 7 days a week
- Able to work a minimum of 10-12 hours a week
- Previous supervision/management experience
- Previous experience in security/public safety
- Certification in CPR/AED/First-aid or greater
- Community engagement experience
- Experience working in a diverse environment
- Customer service experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply with a resume and cover letter. Each must be uploaded to your Handshake account before the system will allow you to apply. Make sure each has your name on it. If you would like help creating any of these documents, or you would a professional to review them, contact St. Kate’s Career Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Career Development is also who you see if you experience issues using Handshake. Individuals with a disability who believe they many need any reasonable accommodations should contact the O’Neill Center for initial review. Position will be OPEN UNTIL FILLED.