Position Title: Student Worker Dispatcher
St. Catherine University Department of Public Safety is the only 24/7 department on campus. They strive to provide the best service to St. Kate’s students, faculty, staff, and guest. As a student Dispatcher, you will be the face of the department and have a visible presence on campus.
Major Job Duties:
You will be trained as a Dispatcher and front desk worker in the Public Safety (PS) office. This position requires a high degree of confidentiality.
The Public Safety office is staffed with a dispatcher daily from 6am-midnight and overnights midnight-6am. The front desk is open during day time hours. PS Dispatchers are generally the first point of contact for the Department. Dispatchers are required to learn the following:
- Learn and retain general information regarding the University and its policies
- Monitor and manage radio traffice for PS Officers who are on patrol
- Maintain data entry on a computer in speciality programs
- Enter and track daily dispatch log for the Officers on duty
- Respond to and answer questions for individuals entering the PS Office
- Process and sell parking permits and parking fine payments
- Receive all emergency and non-emergency phone calls and triage them as necessary
This position requires an applicant capable of being firm and respectful when enforcing or implementing policies and procedures while maintaining a friendly, customer service approach.
Applicants should also possess skills for:
- Multitasking and prioritizing
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Utilize resources effectively
- Undergraduate student or higher
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain calm in a stressful environment and be a team player
- Maintan a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- No major student conduct issues within the last calendar year
- Valid drivers license, clean driving record, and meet University Van Certification qualifications
- Must consent to finger printing and criminal history (background) investigation
- Able to work shifts that are scheduled between 6am to 12am, 7 days a week or overnights 12am-6am, 7 days a week
- Able to work a minimum of 10-12 hours a week
- Certification in CPR/AED/First-aid or greater
- Community engagement experience
- Experience working in a diverse environment
- Customer Service experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply with a resume and cover letter. Each must be uploaded to your Handshake account before the system will allow you to apply. Make sure each has your name on it. If you would like help creating any of these documents, or you would a professional to review them, contact St. Kate’s Career Development Office at email@example.com. Career Development is also who you see if you experience issues using Handshake. Individuals with a disability who believe they many need any reasonable accommodations should contact the O’Neill Center for initial review. Position will be OPEN UNTIL FILLED.