*** LOCAL APPLICANTS PREFERRED***
Global Impex USA has narrowed its focus in response to the pandemic, supplying specialty medical textiles to garment manufacturers as well as finished PPE masks and garments to the healthcare community and other consumers through its Stryv Medical division. Our company has formed an international business consortium which works around the clock to provide both local and international communities with vital protective medical equipment. We also donate a portion of our inventory to local hospitals, restaurants, public services, and individual consumers, because whether someone is deemed “essential” or not, at Global Impex USA we believe that everyone is worth saving.
About our internship program:
Global Impex USA is a social incubator devoted to the ideals of teaching emerging professionals real-world business and entrepreneurship skills. At Global Impex USA, our interns work as a tight-knit team of highly motivated individuals who directly influence the company’s growth and direction. In 2019, the St. Cloud Times recognized Global Impex USA as one of the best startups to work for due to the amount of hands-on experience it provides to its interns. Since then, Global Impex USA has been continually recognized for its achievement in various news outlets and international business magazines.
At Global Impex USA we take pride in utilizing the full potential of our interns. Thus, we never assign meaningless work, and thanks to our amazing leadership team, you will be assigned resume-worthy projects every week and become an active participant in the international textile industry.
Global Impex USA’s company culture is unique in that every intern spends at least a few hours a week working with the company’s owners, learning what it takes for an international textile company to succeed in the 21st century. This culture causes our program to be an incredible opportunity in which one can experience real-world business scenarios and develop his/her professional skill set. Our workers are fun, passionate, and energetic. Join us and see how much our company can help you grow!
We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to the team!
Job Specific information
For our Operations & Accounting interns, we seek self-motivated individuals who are not afraid to take action and think creatively. Operations & Accounting interns will receive a comprehensive learning experience from a team of business professors who have extensive experience in the international textile industry. All Interns are given the freedom to experiment and implement creative ideas that will be used everyday within the company. Interns in this role will complete cash flow statements, work directly with the owners, manage our payroll system, create financial statements, connect with potential investors, send invoices through QuickBooks, and present financial data to our executive team. We foster individual growth through mentorship and hands on work experience. We provide ample opportunities for you to gain professional experience and test your potential!
The internship period is for the Fall 2020 & Spring 2021.
You will be awarded a certificate at the end of the successful completion of the program. In addition, you will be paid a stipend with the potential to earn a full-time position based on performance.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all accounting and finance related work within the organization
- Collaborate with the company’s owners on financial statements and cash flow analysis
- Present insights on financial data to our management team
- Research and schedule meetings with private investors/investment firms
- Manage product profitability, calculations, pricing etc.
- Manage payroll, QuickBooks invoicing, and other financial systems
- Sending invoices and packing lists
- Coordinating shipments between our mills, vendors, and clients
- Learning how to interact with and handle international customs
- Working with the owners to place orders .
- Sending out daily sample shipments in accordance with the sales team
- Keeping track of all payments that need to be made to our truckers, warehouses, insurance agents, etc.
- Working with shipping and logistics – stock tallying, freight companies
- Keeping track of all our accounts in various areas of operations, such as wix, GoDaddy, Amazon fulfillment Center, etc.
- Monthly stock reconciliation with Operations manager.
Successful Candidates are
- Experienced with QuickBooks
- Entrepreneurial in nature and embrace challenges
- Effective communicators in a team and with customers
- Hard workers with a strong desire to achieve personal goals and company benchmarks
- Outgoing and engaging
- Organized, and passionate about their work
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Team players that contribute to a fun and positive atmosphere
- Active Supporters of Unity & Diversity
- Excellent with time management and pay close attention to detail
- Open to new ways of thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer
Global Impex is an equal opportunity employer which embodies a management style of, “sense of ownership”. We support the ideal of unity and diversity within the workplace, which is reflected by the various backgrounds of our employees.
Apply through Handshake or Send in your resume with a cover letter to: King@globalimpexusa.com
Open until positions are filled!
The Global Impex Group Inc
14 Seventh Ave North
St Cloud, MN 56301