SciTech is an internship program that connects college students in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) disciplines with paid internship opportunities in small to mid-sized STEM-based Minnesota companies through our online job board. This is a State funded program administered by the Minnesota Technology Association and will help fund at least 200 paid internships between September 2020 and August 2021.
Visit http://scitechmn.org/ to enroll and begin your STEM internship search!
The program is a tremendous opportunity for students to earn while they learn and gain valuable real-world experience. Students have the potential for full-time employment with the company after graduation. Participating companies receive matching funds up to $2,500 for internship wages. Internships are for approximately 400 hours (may be full-time – ex. 40 hrs/week for 10 weeks – or part-time).
Job openings are listed at http://scitechmn.org/
Internships are offered throughout the year (September 1, 2020 – August 31, 2021)
How to Enroll
Enroll online at www.scitechmn.org/jobs/register.php
WE ONLY ACCEPT ENROLLMENT APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED ONLINE. PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR RESUME BY EMAIL
Before you begin the enrollment application process, please have the following items:
1. Electronic copy of your unofficial transcript to upload with enrollment application
2. Resume that can be copied and pasted into online form
3. If you identified as male at birth, be sure to register for the selective service requirement. Your Selective service receipt will be required for your application to be approved. If you’re exempt, please attach the proof of exemption. Links that apply to specific situations are provided in the enrollment application form.
You must complete an enrollment application to participate in the SciTech program.
Qualifying criteria for students includes:
- Minnesota resident or students living in and attending college in Minnesota
- Students at least 18 years of age
- Is in good academic standing (2.50+ GPA)
- Technical or community college student (24 credits completed)
- College junior or Senior (60 credits completed)
- Master’s or PhD students
- Eligible to work in the U.S. (International students may participate if they have CPT/OPT work authorization)