Shelter Corporation and The Waters Senior Living is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our integrated team of community professionals!
Our mission is powerful, yet simple. We are committed to creating communities that Thrive by offering living and working experiences centered on health, well-being and hospitality.
Why Shelter Corporation and The Waters Senior Living?
- We have a competitive compensation program
- Outstanding benefits- PTO, Medical package, 401k matching, short and long term disability, life insurance just to name a few
- Excellent opportunities for advancement in a growing and thriving organization
- The Waters was recognized as a Top Place to Work
- The Waters mission is to change the landscape of senior living through innovated care philosophies and partnerships
- Our communities are beautifully constructed and designed and team members say it’s one of their favorite things about working at The Waters
The Staff Accountant (also titled Property Accountant) applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information, record general ledger entries, reconcile account balances and prepare financial reports.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare and record entries to general ledger accounts
- Documents business transactions and processes
- Records and reconciles revenue from billing system to budgeted gross potential rents and vacancy.
- Completes monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Analyzes financial details of assets, liabilities, capital spending, equity and revenue and expense trends
- Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected property financial position
- Manages cash activities, including monitoring deposits, selecting weekly payments and projecting cash requirements
- Examines records to determine that acquisition, sale, and other entries have been made
- Prepares and reviews statements reflecting monthly property operations
- Ensures that internal controls and policies in financial reporting are in place to prevent inaccuracies in accounting statements
- Provides information for the annual budgeting process
- Prepares audit packages and assists with auditor’s requests
- Provides supplemental information to support tax return preparation
- Partners with community management on understanding financial results, trends and variances to budget
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Accounting from a four-year college or university
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training
- Property management experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good calculation and mathematics skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work according to urgency and deadlines
- Work well in a collaborative team environment as well as independently
- Ability to work additional hours to meet deadlines and/or complete projects
The Waters is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce and proudly participates in E-Verify.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.