Thomas Allen is Hiring DSPs!
No experience necessary. Paid training provided!
LOCATION: Shakopee, MN
HOURS AVAILABLE: Various Hours available. Possible day hours as well as evening. You tell us what you are available and we will see what kind of hours we can find for you
JOB SUMMARY: As a Direct Support Professional, you will have the primary responsibility of meeting the needs of the individuals supported in the home, including providing proactive, empowering, and inclusive support, guidance, and supervision.
- Assist and encourage individuals to realize both long and short-term goals
- Assist with personal care
- Prepare meals or assist the individuals served with meal preparation
- Log all day-to-day occurrences
- Accompany individuals to medical appointments and on activities in the community
- Medication administration and/or working with medical equipment
- Help individuals to maintain their home by assisting with laundry, budgeting, cleaning, and shopping
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Individuals served in the home prefer female staff
- Willingness to attend to personal cares and health needs, light housekeeping, and meal preparation
- Willing to commit to and implement person-centered supports
- Department of Human Services background clearance
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and proof of auto insurance required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written and verbally
To view other open positions, click here.
Thomas Allen, Inc. is a social services agency that provides a variety of person-centered services to individuals with disabilities throughout the state of Minnesota. Our team of nearly 800 employees are key players in assisting individuals served with group home support, semi-independent and independent living, case management, care coordination, and guardianship. As our agency continues to grow, we are looking for team members who are passionate about providing services that empower those we support.
Join our team and make a difference!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.